1770 7 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artaldrich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just purchased an X7 and 16mm lens for my Inspire2.

There is a roll and tilt clearance issue with the X7, which I am not sure is normal. The gimbal will hit the top of the mount on the roll axis. It also hits on the tilt axis at 29º.

Is this normal?

2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video showing this said gimbal movement for further assistance? You may upload the video using google drive or dropbox for further assistance. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-24
Use props
artaldrich
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 08:12
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video showing this said gimbal movement for further assistance? You may upload the video using google drive or dropbox for further assistance. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

2019-4-24
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

No, that is not normal.  It should have clearance to move in any direction until it hits the mechanical stops.

Wayne Mann
www.helicamhighdefmedia.com
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

artaldrich Posted at 4-24 08:23
https://vimeo.com/332258565

Hi, thanks for the information. We've verified this concern with our designated department and confirm that this is a normal situation. You may refer to the image below for further check. Should you have other concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.

2019-4-24
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

artaldrich Posted at 4-24 08:23

This is NOT normal. Looking from the rear. The pan axis should clear the tilt axis to the right side max 90 degrees (see specs in above post from Dji)

at 0.55min

2019-4-28
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 16:30
Hi, thanks for the information. We've verified this concern with our designated department and confirm that this is a normal situation. You may refer to the image below for further check. Should you have other concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]
Yeah. No. Unless there’s been a change to the arm, the lack of clearance there isn’t what I see on my x7. I gotta say though.. this is really strange. The only way this could happen is if DJI retooled the mold for th pan arm, or increased the size of the camera body, or the tilt motor housing. Or all three. . Edit- I just confirmed by inspection that the clearances on my x7 are significantly different than the OP’s camera. Also looks like the hard stops are in a different place.
2019-5-4
Use props
artaldrich
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Quick update to this thread: I returned the X7 to amazon, and ordered a new unit from B&H. I felt like the info I received from DJI on the phone and here in the forum wasn't accurate.
It seems like the upper gimbal arm was bent, as I could not get the gimbal back into the case it came in.

The new gimbal arrived and worked as expected.
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules