Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A technical question
1579 6 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zlili94
New
Israel

Hi,

Just bought my mavic air, and it had a little bump with the wall and a little fall from 1 feet height. After the crash, i noticed that on of the two IR bottom sensors is stopped working. Should I be worry about it? How could it affect my drone? A Picture is included.
20190424_203755.jpg
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day zlili94. I'm really sorry to know that your DJI Mavic Air crashed. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and repair if needed. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-24
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just checked my Mavic Air and only one IR sensor lights up as well.  Same one as yours.  I think it is normal.  Mine has been flying for over a year with no problems.  (no crashes either)
Also checked my back-up MA and it does the same as well.
Please check out my Drone Strategy post. A like would be nice.
#Dronestrategy
2019-4-24
Use props
havrosh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

I guess that upper is emitter (produce IR light) and lower one is sensor which collects IR light
2019-4-24
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

ones a transmit and ones a receive only one will show lit
2019-4-24
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Are you folks referring to the underside rear flush mounted transducers? Thats not the recessed optical pair similar to fwd and aft also.

In the apk downward sensing enablement disablement is featured. But i believe thats for those recessed opticals not the flush mounts

Indoor fly configuration must be made by you. Without gps and in opti mode you should disengage fwd rear obstacle detect, signal lost=hover, and desensitize stick for fwd rev left right.

Indoors, the craft would try to autonomously avert obstacles causing crash. It could ascend upwards, dodge side to side, attempting avoidance, knowingly not having sensory vision toward ceiling and its port and starboard periphery

Greater threat is indoor flying satellite infiltration disrupting opti for preferred gps position, users complain that transient creates unpredictable craft behavior
2019-4-24
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

havrosh Posted at 4-24 10:29
I guess that upper is emitter (produce IR light) and lower one is sensor which collects IR light

you can compare the pair of vision opticals located at the front, rear, and bottom.
so the indifferent bottom pair is the sonar.
notice design ensures sonar faces are nearly contacting the ground.
it's  used to affirm lift off from ground as well as touchdown to ground landing. the vision optical pairs can not see properly when distance is so tiny
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules