Can't fly new Mavic 2 Pro (firmware problem)
3073 3 2019-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

So I just received my new Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller yesterday.  I successfully made one flight... but now it appears to be having a problem and the software seems to be bugged.

The sequence of events:

Yesterday:

• Unbox the new controller & drone, charge them up, get ready to fly.
  • Power on, it says the aircraft firmware needs an update.  Successfully do the update.
  • Everything appears to be fine, do a successful flight.

Today:

• Power up controller.
  • Power up drone.
  • Get to the welcome screen in DJI GO 4 (the one that shows a photo of the drone with a blue "GO FLY" button at bottom right.
  • There's now a red banner at top left, "New firmware is available!"  Remote Controller 01.00.0400  (This is new, it wasn't doing this when I was flying yesterday)
  • I tap on the banner.
  • It takes me to a black screen with a pop-up dialog saying "Note:  Update check failed. DJI GO 4 logged out. Please log in to DJI GO 4."
  • I press the "Go to Login" button.
  • It briefly flickers to some other screen (a split second, there's no way to tell what it says, and then immediately takes me back to the same screen from #3 above.

Help, what do I do?  I can't fly without a firmware update; I can't update firmware without being logged in; it thinks I'm logged out; and it won't let me log in.

Aircraft version is 01.00.0400.  DJI GO 4 app version is 4.3.4.  Current  Smart Controller version is 01.00.0284.  I believe the error message is  telling me that I need to update the Smart Controller to version  01.00.0400.

I've already looked at this video here:   ... I'm following all the steps up to 0:15, where it tells me to click "System Update".  That's the point at which it goes off the rails.  In the video (at 0:17), it shows that this is *supposed* to take me to a screen that says "Checking for updates. Please wait".  Instead, I get the above-described error message where it tells me (wrongly) that I'm not logged into DJI GO 4.  That's where I get stuck.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I get past this?
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would recommend using the DJI Assistant 2 to possibly update the firmware of your Smart remote controller. You may refer to the link below for you to download the application on your computer. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Assistant 2 updates the firmware so damn fast
2019-4-24
Use props
fansbea21765
New
United States

I agree so annoying! I updated it when I got it a week ago, today I go to and shows update required!!!! Seriously DJI get your stuff together! Annulling spent thousands over years and it’s only gotten worst with DJI

Smart remote
2020-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules