Flying your drone close to planes
1121 15 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Obviously, this is a bad idea, however with the current issues surrounding drones flying close to airports I thought I would get other dronies opinions.

What are your thoughts? Heliguy has just posted a good article on the most recent 'sighting' here: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... ar-miss-with-plane/
2019-4-25
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Awesome article.  UAS's are the current boogie men.  I do understand that many manned aircraft pilots have a legit concern about a UAS risks, though many in that group have a biased approach, hence these concocted stories to rile up the public against UAS's and their pilots.  I would never knowingly want to operate near any type of aircraft, manned or unmanned.  That was a great article that was shared by the way.
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heliguy are great - I bought my Inspire from them and they have links to the CAA with professional drone pilots in their employment - they really look after their customers and are DJI's first official dealer in the UK. I read the article they are referring to and it comes across as complete and utter BS. So far fetched in fact that the real questions should be around whether such fake news should be allowed to be published and the consequential action for the liars who make up this crap for their obvious alteria motives.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day droneflyer101. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. Let us all be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones, and let us take in to consideration the safety of others always when operating our drones. Thank you for continued support. Lets all have a safe and happy flying.
2019-4-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A J Posted at 4-25 07:23
Heliguy are great - I bought my Inspire from them and they have links to the CAA with professional drone pilots in their employment - they really look after their customers and are DJI's first official dealer in the UK. I read the article they are referring to and it comes across as complete and utter BS. So far fetched in fact that the real questions should be around whether such fake news should be allowed to be published and the consequential action for the liars who make up this crap for their obvious alteria motives.

Got to agree, sounds too far fetched, flying at 14,000ft
2019-4-25
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

That article just repeated its self over and over and over...

Saying this ..

We’re not calling BS ... but this is is bs ..

I’ve blocked that domain so I never have to read his crap again
2019-4-25
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 4-25 09:22

What do you mean?
2019-4-26
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-25 07:56
Hello and good day droneflyer101. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. Let us all be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones, and let us take in to consideration the safety of others always when operating our drones. Thank you for continued support. Lets all have a safe and happy flying.

Yes, was just to share my thoughts thats all
2019-4-26
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 4-25 09:22

What do you mean?
2019-4-26
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-25 07:23

They are great Love their team they have
2019-4-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

droneflyer101 Posted at 4-26 00:17
They are great  Love their team they have

They are very knowledgable and I love their guaranteed next day delivery and they always have everything first plus offer nice discounts and even CAA approved PfCO courses. Great company to deal with. One of my Inspire batteries was a dud out the box and they replaced it instantly with a perfect one.
2019-4-26
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Great article, however they do forget to mention that not only were they at 14,000ft but were flying at 200mph+ in the dark. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I have lost VLS when I glanced at my screen with my drone that has been 50ft away from me in broad daylight. How these pilots were able to spot 2 drones at 14,000ft whilst travelling at 200mph+ in the dark is beyond me.

You do start to get the feeling that the media is becoming very anti-drone, and that ANY scare is now going to be blamed on drones. Whatever came of the Gatwick incident and the Heathrow incident a few days later ? None of the main stream media will report that these incidents still have no hard evidence of a drone being involved. The BBC did a program on Panorama, where at the end of the program the narrator stated that of the 120+ people that reported the drones over Gatwick, not one of them had any evidence nor would appear on camera to state what they saw.
2019-4-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duncandonut Posted at 4-26 02:09
Great article, however they do forget to mention that not only were they at 14,000ft but were flying at 200mph+ in the dark. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I have lost VLS when I glanced at my screen with my drone that has been 50ft away from me in broad daylight. How these pilots were able to spot 2 drones at 14,000ft whilst travelling at 200mph+ in the dark is beyond me.

You do start to get the feeling that the media is becoming very anti-drone, and that ANY scare is now going to be blamed on drones. Whatever came of the Gatwick incident and the Heathrow incident a few days later ? None of the main stream media will report that these incidents still have no hard evidence of a drone being involved. The BBC did a program on Panorama, where at the end of the program the narrator stated that of the 120+ people that reported the drones over Gatwick, not one of them had any evidence nor would appear on camera to state what they saw.

The Heathrow incident led to the arrest of a flyer with a £2,000 fine - but he was flying a remote controlled plane and not a drone so that will explain why the media lost total interest on that one...

As for Gatwick... I think it's obvious now that there was never a drone there!

2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

droneflyer101 Posted at 4-26 00:15
Yes, was just to share my thoughts thats all

That is great to know droneflyer101. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 4-26 02:57
The Heathrow incident led to the arrest of a flyer with a £2,000 fine - but he was flying a remote controlled plane and not a drone so that will explain why the media lost total interest on that one...

As for Gatwick... I think it's obvious now that there was never a drone there!

Any update in regard to lawsuit by couple who was wrongly accused and arrested?
2019-4-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-26 10:09
Any update in regard to lawsuit by couple who was wrongly accused and arrested?

Not that I'm aware of mate - I know they were not charged and the whole thing has ruined their lives. They need paying some serious cash in compensation and someone needs to be fired! That's for sure.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules