Why not add an option for the side bar?
763 4 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I wonder why not add an option to switch function of the side bar, currently the side bar is only for tilting, if there is an option to switch tilting to paning would it be handy? we don't need to use phone to pan the gimbo or spend extra money on the wheel module, we can pan by the side bar! And put it back into the case without removing the control wheel every time. DJI if you add this to the new firmwaer you would difinetly save our time and money, you won't lost money but selling more OP for its convinience!
2019-4-25
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

The control wheel is one of the biggest head-scratchers for me anyway... Why on earth wouldn't you rather have a physical thumbstick that operated just like the virtual thumbstick on the display for controlling gimbal movement instead of this goofy wheel and switch system is beyond me. All I can possibly imagine is that they thought the failure rate to be too high on that type of control...but I've seen plenty of failure with the spring wheels too.
2019-4-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

A pan slider at the top or bottom of the screen would perhaps be better than making the tilt slider dual purpose.  But I think the reason for having a tilt slider is that you can use it to tilt the gimbal head when tilt lock is on.  As there is no pan lock, you don't need a slider to pan when the pan lock is on.

(Actually there is a pan lock - on the control wheel accessory, press and hold the right hand button.  All axes including pan are then locked.  But that's the only way to do it).
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cool h. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us today. Let me forward this information to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-25
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I really like the Wheel and use it regularly.  In fack it's a permanent fixture on my OP.  The smooth pan / tilt is way smoother than I can manage manually.
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules