New Smart Controller Firmware Released (2019/04/25)
1234Next >
25113 155 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoelL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229154 ft
Netherlands

The update also introduces a new Date / Time bug.

After restarting the controller the date defaults to local time + 1hr for me. Even if I turn off the option to update time using the Wifi connection
2019-4-26
Use props
Bruegel4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69475 ft
Canada

> Update failed on 98%. Error code: 0x007007

Now: Error code: 0x004000

MacBook Air, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, DJI Assistant 2.0.6.

I tried to update more than 10 times, for 2 days. Process all the time falls on 98%, and giving out different error codes. Who got it updated - please write how you did it, step by step.

Thanks
2019-4-26
Use props
Dronie2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-26 12:48
> Update failed on 98%. Error code: 0x007007

Now: Error code: 0x004000

Use DJI Assistant 2.0.8
2019-4-26
Use props
Bruegel4
lvl.2
Canada

Use DJI Assistant 2.0.8

I did not find it for MacOS ..
2019-4-26
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-26 14:08
I did not find it for MacOS ..

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2019-4-26
Use props
philstar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-25 23:25
Hi Philstar, can I confirm if you had logged in the DJI account into the DJI Assistant 2? Please try to restart the application, log in your DJI account and try again, please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.

Thanks for the reply, DJI Thor.  I did try logging out and logging in again several times.  The issue persisted.  My PC is directly connected to the internet, so I'm certain it isn't an internet connectivity issue.  It seems to be more related to a server side issue (perhaps my account setup).  I always see network connectivity issues when trying to update software directly from the remote too.  I tried rebooting my PC and remote too, but that didn't help.  Please let me know if there is something I should try next.

Thanks!
Phil
2019-4-26
Use props
Bruegel4
lvl.2
Canada

TZero Posted at 4-26 14:29
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

There is only version - Mac V2.0.6 ... nothing about 2.0.8
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Trailkill Posted at 4-26 02:59
I believe we can use the Pilot app with the Mavic 2 pro/zoom. I would like to use it for them. I can use it on my Samsung S10+. It connects to my Mavic 2 Zoom. But I can't get it installed on the Smart Controller.

Tk

Sorry, yet Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro is not compatible with DJI Pilot app. And currently, the DJI Pilot doesn't need to be installed separately on the Smart Controller, it will launch when connecting to Mavic 2 Enterprise (Dual). Thank you for your attention.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philstar Posted at 4-26 15:11
Thanks for the reply, DJI Thor.  I did try logging out and logging in again several times.  The issue persisted.  My PC is directly connected to the internet, so I'm certain it isn't an internet connectivity issue.  It seems to be more related to a server side issue (perhaps my account setup).  I always see network connectivity issues when trying to update software directly from the remote too.  I tried rebooting my PC and remote too, but that didn't help.  Please let me know if there is something I should try next.

Thanks!

Hi Phil, thank you for getting back, I am sorry to know that didn't help. I may need to confirm this case with our engineers. If there is an update, I will reply to you right away.
At this moment, if it is convenient, you may try another computer for the update.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dronie1965 Posted at 4-25 14:21
I had 2 failed attemps , but at the end it worked. The only thing i had to do was manually change the time of the sc , as it was 1 hour ahead of our time.
When you start the sc , you still see the one(without wifi) what ever i change it keeps giving me our local time plus 1 hour. Inhave put it on gmt 0000 hours , amsterdam+2 etc etc , it keeps jumping back to time plus 1 hour.also disabled /enabled automatic date/time still the same .at least this is better the the 18 jan 2013 date. But dji fix this please or give sollution. Looks like you fix one problem and creating at same time another

Hi dronie1965, can you provide a video of this case for further checking? You may contain the info including the time after restarting the controller, the local time. Besides, just to verify, you are located in the Netherlands, right?
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GlynH Posted at 4-26 05:56
Well it took me 2 hours and six attempts to finally update using DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.08 along with the DJI supplied cable that came with my purchase directly from DJI in January this year.

It failed in various places including downloading, transmitting and updating.

Glyn, sorry for the difficulties again, as this version contains important update, and it can be only updated via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, so it doesn't work if updating via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.7 or via the controller itself. Anyway, it is great to hear that you had managed the update at the end.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Corvus monedula Posted at 4-25 23:47
I don't use Windows and I don't use Mac (or anything else form Microsoft or Apple for that matter).

And now you are making it mandatory to go through a pain of using either of these.

Sorry for the trouble. As this firmware version contains important updates, and this version can be only updated by the DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, is there a chance to borrow a computer for the update?
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SuperQuis Posted at 4-26 04:20
Has Skytalk been abandoned?

There have been several firmware updates and we are still unable to live stream through Instagram or any other social media platform.

Hi SuperQuis, sorry for the waiting, we will keep informing the engineers for the release of Skytalk.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jphelps2630-sp Posted at 4-26 10:37
Update failed after trying again and again. Exactly the same symptoms as other people have reported.
- DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v2.08 won't connect to the controller.
- Controller connects to Wi-Fi and appears to download successfully as well. But then the controller just sits there with "Updating (0%)" on the screen forever.

Hi, sorry for the trouble, this update can be only updated via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8. If the controller can't connect to the computer, could you please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 again? Besides, please make sure that the connecting cable is working properly. Please also disable USB Debugging if you have switched on Developer Options. See if this helps.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-26 11:29
Update failed on 98%. Error code: 0x007007

Hi Bruegel4, this update can be only updated via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, please make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 version is the latest one on your computer, if it is not, please kindly download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

JoelL Posted at 4-26 11:38

After restarting the controller the date defaults to local time + 1hr for me. Even if I turn off the option to update time using the Wifi connection

Sorry for the issue, JoelL, it seems that your case is the same as dronie1965 posted on 17#, can you provide a video of this case for further checking?
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-26 15:12
There is only version - Mac V2.0.6 ... nothing about 2.0.8

Please kindly set the country to another one e.g. United States first to get the corresponding version. I will also inform the case to the proper team to notice.   lang.png
2019-4-27
Use props
Bruegel4
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 4-27 02:15
Please kindly set the country to another one e.g. United States first to get the corresponding version. I will also inform the case to the proper team to notice.

Thanks... After installation Dji Assistant gave me a error at 98%  - telling me about an unstable connection, but the firmware was magically installed..

but now I see another problem .. SD card is not recognized. Also some new files (maybe installer) copied on the internal memory.. now I have 5.08 free space.. How can I clean them?

P.S I Found one archive "ota" size 1.11 gb (/storage/emulated/0/encrypt/ota.zip). Can I delete them?
2019-4-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Update took about 1 hour (download an install) through Assistant 2... no issues, all went smoothly, although I thought it would be faster.... Going to make a test flight today
2019-4-27
Use props
Tempostudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

After updating Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0530 and
DJI GO 4 App: v4.3.16 application is closed. Why?

2019-4-27
Use props
philstar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-26 17:58
Hi Phil, thank you for getting back, I am sorry to know that didn't help. I may need to confirm this case with our engineers. If there is an update, I will reply to you right away.
At this moment, if it is convenient, you may try another computer for the update.

Thanks again DJI Thor.  I tried the same thing on another computer with a fresh install of DJI Assistant v2.0.8, and I had the same result.  In every case, I verified that my PC did have internet connectivity when the DJI assistant app complained about a "network error."  I'm still suspicious of a server side problem with my account.

As others have reported, I am not able to connect to my PC to my controller using USB 3.0 ports with a 3.0 cable.  I find that I can connect as long as I use a USB2.0/C charging cable.  To be clear, however, that's the only issue I've had connecting the remote to the PC.  I assume the network error is regarding my connection to DJI.

Thanks,
Phil
2019-4-27
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Tempostudio Posted at 4-27 08:19

Do you have SD card in SM if yes did you set to transfer all data to SD when asked after SM start? I would definitely try without SD and try to delete application data/cache via settings - applications.
2019-4-27
Use props
jphelps2630-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109698 ft
United States

jphelps2630-sp Posted at 4-26 10:37
Update failed after trying again and again. Exactly the same symptoms as other people have reported.
- DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v2.08 won't connect to the controller.
- Controller connects to Wi-Fi and appears to download successfully as well. But then the controller just sits there with "Updating (0%)" on the screen forever.

Tried everything that's been suggested here and it still fails.
- With and without SD card.
- Reinstalling DJI Assistant 2.
- With and without Wi-Fi turned on.
- USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
- Clearing all images and videos so there's plenty of memory available.
Still won't connect to DJI Assistant 2 v2.08 and Smart Controller just shows "Updating (0%)" forever.

Rhetorical question – don't these guys test their installations before they release them?  I'm on a plain-vanilla Windows 10 PC. It's gotta be the most common configuration.
2019-4-27
Use props
chaliedw
lvl.1
United States

I cant update no matter what I do. On the screen it just keeps spinning on my PC it goes so far and then goes back to 0. No sd card in the sc. Even tried changing wifi, one time it says I wasn't logged on and yet it showed I was. Getting frustrated and angry. I am not a com.puter geek tell me in simple to understand english
2019-4-27
Use props
chaliedw
lvl.1
United States

I cant update no matter what I do. On the screen it just keeps spinning on my PC it goes so far and then goes back to 0. No sd card in the sc. Even tried changing wifi, one time it says I wasn't logged on and yet it showed I was. Getting frustrated and angry. I am not a com.puter geek tell me in simple to understand english
2019-4-27
Use props
chaliedw
lvl.1
United States

By the way trying to download v01.00.0530, the sc is still spinning at 0 and my PC is 33%, it should be shutting down soon with error messages
2019-4-27
Use props
jocela12
New
Canada

Testing.

DJI Assistant 2.0.8 downloaded.
2019-4-27
Use props
fansbb115485
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275466 ft
Italy

JoelL Posted at 4-26 11:38

The same "+ 1 hour bug" for me.
2019-4-28
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-27 01:40
Glyn, sorry for the difficulties again, as this version contains important update, and it can be only updated via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, so it doesn't work if updating via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.7 or via the controller itself. Anyway, it is great to hear that you had managed the update at the end.

Again if you had read and understood my message you would realise I only ever used DJI Assistant v2.0.8 and despite what you say about having to use Assistant (and the last note in the Changelog) I know of two instances of people updating directly from their Smart Controllers.

One of these was a friend of mine to whom I was on the phone when he updated to .0530 and another user who has posted on here.

Seems to me it shouldn't be as confusing as it is to do what should be a straightforward update.

I mean for DJI its not like Microsoft who have to allow for many, many different hardware setups but more like Apple who control all aspects of hardware & software and so shouldn't be so convoluted.

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-28
Use props
Bruegel4
lvl.2
Canada

After the update, I got such a bug - the camera does not show any picture, the screen is just grey. I need every time to restart the Smart Controller. (I did not update/restart the drone, hence the problem in my controller).
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Tempostudio Posted at 4-27 08:19

Sorry for the trouble. Can you help to export the crash log file and provide it to us for further checking? The route: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH. Thank you in advance.After exporting the files, you can try to restore to factory settings and see if it gets back to normal.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-27 04:22
Thanks... After installation Dji Assistant gave me a error at 98%  - telling me about an unstable connection, but the firmware was magically installed..

but now I see another problem .. SD card is not recognized. Also some new files (maybe installer) copied on the internal memory.. now I have 5.08 free space.. How can I clean them?

Please try to restore the factory settings, remove the SD card and plug in again. Besides, you can delete the "ota" file, no worries.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jphelps2630-sp Posted at 4-27 12:22
Tried everything that's been suggested here and it still fails.
- With and without SD card.
- Reinstalling DJI Assistant 2.

If the controller is not able to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 on the computer, and you had tried the suggestion I mentioned on 54#, you may try to disable the signed driver enforcement, or you can try another computer, as this firmware can be only updated via DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8. Sorry for the trouble.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansbb115485 Posted at 4-28 03:57
The same "+ 1 hour bug" for me.

Hi there, could you provide a video of this case for further checking? Please kindly contain the info including the time after restarting the controller, the local time. And may I verify if you are located in Italy? Look forward to hearing back from you.
2019-4-28
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I also have the +1 hour time bug in the netherlands.
Also new to me is : when i switch from video to photo , the screen goes black in fraction of a second
dji? , its some more stuff to get fixed
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

chaliedw Posted at 4-27 12:55
I cant update no matter what I do. On the screen it just keeps spinning on my PC it goes so far and then goes back to 0. No sd card in the sc. Even tried changing wifi, one time it says I wasn't logged on and yet it showed I was. Getting frustrated and angry. I am not a com.puter geek tell me in simple to understand english

Sorry for the trouble, chaliedw. Can I confirm if the DJI Assistant 2 version on your computer is v2.0.8? If no, please kindly install the latest version DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8 from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and update again. See if this helps.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-28 17:02
[view_image]

After the update, I got such a bug - the camera does not show any picture, the screen is just grey. I need every time to restart the Smart Controller. (I did not update/restart the drone, hence the problem in my controller).

For this case, please try to reset the camera settings as well.
2019-4-28
Use props
Tempostudio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

DJI Thor Posted at 4-28 19:30
Sorry for the trouble. Can you help to export the crash log file and provide it to us for further checking? The route: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH. Thank you in advance.After exporting the files, you can try to restore to factory settings and see if it gets back to normal.

The card has been formatted. There is a log of "Storage/0/DJI/dji.go.v4/Log/CRASH" crash-2019-03-28-12-33-40.zip (2.1 KB, Down times: 9)
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GlynH Posted at 4-28 08:35
Again if you had read and understood my message you would realise I only ever used DJI Assistant v2.0.8 and despite what you say about having to use Assistant (and the last note in the Changelog) I know of two instances of people updating directly from their Smart Controllers.

One of these was a friend of mine to whom I was on the phone when he updated to .0530 and another user who has posted on here.

Understand, I will forward your feedback regarding the case that firmware can also be updated via the controller itself to the engineers to notice. If there is anything else I can help, please feel free to let me know.
2019-4-29
Use props
tor.einar.pettersen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114810 ft
Norway

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-28 17:02
[view_image]

Hi,

I would try to reset camera settings. I've had this happening before the update, the reset fixed it.
2019-4-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules