New Smart Controller Firmware Released (2019/04/25)
1234Next >
25472 155 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tor.einar.pettersen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114810 ft
Norway

Hi,

Does anyone now where to set this option

"Added an option to set the external microSD card as the default storage location."

I'me noe sure if I'm understanding this correct. Is the option to enable the smartcontroller SD-card slot as a primary storage location, or is it just an option to make sure SD-card slot in the mavic is default?
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Tempostudio Posted at 4-28 21:57
The card has been formatted. There is a log of "Storage/0/DJI/dji.go.v4/Log/CRASH"

Thank you for getting back, I had forwarded the log to the engineers to check.
2019-4-29
Use props
Sky Cam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10201549 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The biggest problem is between chair and keyboard
2019-4-29
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

tor.einar.pettersen@gmail.com Posted at 4-29 12:34
Hi,

Does anyone now where to set this option

For me it was asking after reboot after update if I would like to set SD as default storage. If it is not for you then reformat your sd and it should pop up.
2019-4-29
Use props
HEFA
New
Switzerland

Hi! My controller dont want to show up in the assistant. My Mavic 2 does. What could be wrong?
2019-4-30
Use props
philstar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-26 17:58
Hi Phil, thank you for getting back, I am sorry to know that didn't help. I may need to confirm this case with our engineers. If there is an update, I will reply to you right away.
At this moment, if it is convenient, you may try another computer for the update.

Hi Thor,  I'm not sure what to try next.  I've repeated the same procedure on a different PC with the same result.  I always get the same error message "Network Error Please Retry."  I've logged out and back in several times with DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8 on multiple PCs.  I've tried to update both the smart controller and the drone using this technique, but they both give the same error.  In every case, I verified that the PC could connect to DJI.com while the error was being thrown.  

According to the "smart" controller, my version is V01.00.0284.  If I try to update directly from the controller settings page, it says: "Failed to get server information, please check your network connection."  My controller does indicate that it has a strong connection to my wireless router.  

Please let me know what I should try next.
Thanks,
Phil
2019-4-30
Use props
yaron elram
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29035 ft
Israel

download and install
Update failed on 98%. Error code: 0x007007 2.0.8
2019-4-30
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tried to update 4 times now.  Failed 4 times.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philstar Posted at 4-30 10:11
Hi Thor,  I'm not sure what to try next.  I've repeated the same procedure on a different PC with the same result.  I always get the same error message "Network Error Please Retry."  I've logged out and back in several times with DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8 on multiple PCs.  I've tried to update both the smart controller and the drone using this technique, but they both give the same error.  In every case, I verified that the PC could connect to DJI.com while the error was being thrown.  

According to the "smart" controller, my version is V01.00.0284.  If I try to update directly from the controller settings page, it says: "Failed to get server information, please check your network connection."  My controller does indicate that it has a strong connection to my wireless router.  

That must be frustrated for you, feel sorry for your difficulties. Currently, I am also waiting for a suggestion from the engineers. But it may be a little delay due to the International Workers' Day. Please kindly wait, once I receive any reply, I will keep you updated.
2019-5-1
Use props
Matt U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096224 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bruegel4 Posted at 4-28 17:02
[view_image]

After the update, I got such a bug - the camera does not show any picture, the screen is just grey. I need every time to restart the Smart Controller. (I did not update/restart the drone, hence the problem in my controller).

Same, after 3 hours for update
2019-5-1
Use props
philobeddoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13711 ft
Germany

Matt U Posted at 5-1 02:41

The same here!
Installed Assistant 2.0.8 under Windows 7.
Download of update starts, reaching 99% the assistant crashes!
Same with Windows 10 including latest updates.
It does not matter if you have SD-card in or not, also doin factory reset has no effect.
Summary I can say that updating to xxxx.530 IS NOT POSSIBLE!
Same problem was with assistant 2.0.6, with 2.0.7 it has gone and came back with 2.0.8

2019-5-1
Use props
binary
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128944 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 4-25 23:41
Hi Binary, sorry for the trouble, please kindly change the language to English first and download the DJI Assistant 2. I will also report this case to the proper department. [view_image]

Hi,

Thank you very muc.

I also received a download link directly via online chat, updated to version 2.0.8 and then updating the SC to the new firmware worked fine.
2019-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

binary Posted at 5-1 12:25
Hi,

Thank you very muc.

Thanks for getting back, it is good to know that you worked it out finally. If there is anything else I can help, please feel free to let me know.
2019-5-1
Use props
philobeddoe
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 5-1 17:53
Thanks for getting back, it is good to know that you worked it out finally. If there is anything else I can help, please feel free to let me know.

Nothing is good...

Still no update possible,
deep silence from support!

Very nice ...
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philobeddoe Posted at 5-2 00:22
Nothing is good...

Still no update possible,

I am terribly sorry for the difficulties, philobeddoe, I am checking your case with the engineers. Could you please provide the log and the update log of the DJI Assistant 2? I will forward to the engineers to check what is going on.
The route of the log:
C: /Users/User name/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/log
Upgrade log:
C: /Users/User name/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Look forward to your reply.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HEFA Posted at 4-30 02:47
Hi! My controller dont want to show up in the assistant. My Mavic 2 does. What could be wrong?

Hi HEFA, just to verify, is the computer recognized the controller? In this case, please try to reinstall the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, besides, please make sure that the connecting cable is working properly. Please also disable USB Debugging if you have switched on Developer Options. See if this helps.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Matt U Posted at 5-1 02:41

Hi Matt, please try to reset the camera settings, please keep us updated if this doesn't help.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

yaron elram Posted at 4-30 11:46
download and install
Update failed on 98%. Error code: 0x007007 2.0.8

Yaron, I am so sorry to hear this. Can you help to export the upgrade log of the DJI Assistant 2 on the PC for us to check further? The route of the log is C:/Users/User name/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log.
Thank you in advance.
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mike1983 Posted at 4-30 12:15
Tried to update 4 times now.  Failed 4 times.

Mike, I am sorry to hear this, can you tell me the way you update the controller? If it is via the DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8 but it keeps failing, please help to export the update log for further confirmation, here's the route: C:/Users/User name/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log, look forward to hearing back from you.
2019-5-2
Use props
philobeddoe
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 5-2 01:18
Hi HEFA, just to verify, is the computer recognized the controller? In this case, please try to reinstall the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8, besides, please make sure that the connecting cable is working properly. Please also disable USB Debugging if you have switched on Developer Options. See if this helps.

Don't if usb debugging us on or not.
How can I check this?
2019-5-2
Use props
Tempostudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

DH_Pilot Posted at 4-27 10:51
Do you have SD card in SM if yes did you set to transfer all data to SD when asked after SM start? I would definitely try without SD and try to delete application data/cache via settings - applications.

That helped. Removed the SD card. Thank.
2019-5-2
Use props
philobeddoe
lvl.1
Germany

THAT'S INTERESTING!
At least four pages lost since 4PM this day.... very interesting....
For me it looks like censorship...
2019-5-2
Use props
Mavic-Maniac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76831 ft
Spain

GlynH Posted at 4-25 23:35
I just posted a separate thread but then thought I should have posted here?

----------snip-----------

Hello Sir,
I´m in desperate need for help!
I have experienced the very same problems like you every time I try to update my Smart Controller (SC) firmware to the recent version.
The difference is that (in my case) the DJI Assistance 2 doesn´t recognize my SC, so the icon of my SC doesn´t appear, making it impossible to continue with the updating (download seems to be complete but once the update starts it stalls at 0% for a looong time).
What can I do?
I tried with new USB cable/port, etc... nothing changes.
I´ll appreciate your opinion because your situation was similar to mine.
Please, excuse me for my bad English knowledge, I hope this has been enough for you to understand what happens to me...
Greetings from Spain.

2019-5-2
Use props
philstar
lvl.1
United States

Mavic-Maniac Posted at 5-2 11:37
Hello Sir,
I have experienced the very same problems like you every time I try to update my Smart Controller (SC) firmware to the recent version.

Hello Mavic-Maniac,
I haven't been able to update my Smart Controller successfully either.  I have been able to get DJI Assistant 2 to recognize it, however.  I have found that DJI Assistant never recognizes my controller using a pure USB 3 setup.  If I use a USB 3 port on my computer with a USB 3.0/C cable going to my controller it does NOT work.  If I use a USB2.0/C cable, DJI assistant recognizes my controller.  If I use a USB 2.0 extension cable between my USB 3.0 cable to my controller, that also works.  

Please take my advice with some skepticism, however.  After the point where I select my controller or drone, I'm unable to connect to DJI to download updates.

I hope this helps.
2019-5-2
Use props
fanse885894d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 675230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue. Finally got it to work after the following:

2019-5-2
Use props
fanse885894d
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

1. Download Assistant 2 V. 2.08
2. Restore controller to factory settings
3. Reboot computer
4. Restart controller
2019-5-2
Use props
fanse885894d
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

1. Download Assistant 2 V. 2.08
2. Restore controller to factory settings
3. Reboot computer and restart Assistant 2
4. Restart controller while connected via USB
5. Click the picture of the controller and that should do it.

It takes longer than the 5 minutes it says on the screen so be patient.
2019-5-2
Use props
philobeddoe
lvl.1
Germany

I did it this way:

1. Installed a naked Windows 7 in a virtual machine (Qemu/KVM). NO servicepacks, no additional drivers.
2. Reset controller to factory settings
3. Installed Assistant 2.0.8 in the VM
4. Did the update

The update procedure took more then 2 hours
because of the very slow download from DJI server.

How should this people do when they do not know
much about Windows???

This update is worst case in my opinion...
2019-5-2
Use props
Marco B
lvl.1
France

Hi,still no news
2019-5-4
Use props
Marco B
lvl.1
France

Hi Still no news about be able to run any "drone" third-party apps like Litchi or at least DJI apps ... like DJI Ground Station?
thx
m
2019-5-4
Use props
fans3d3d3896
lvl.1
United States

Trailkill Posted at 4-25 09:13
Ok I'm lucky the update worked fine. But does anyone have the Pilot app installed and working? I downloaded the Android APK from DJI website. When I try to install it , it fails and says the file is corrupt.
I've tried it several times. I'm assuming the posted Android version is not compatible with the Smart Controller and now we need to wait for an update for that.

I did have the pilot app installed and after the update it disappeared. Tried to download from DJI and says file corrupt, what a bloody mess. I need to fly a mission monday with my m2p and smart controller. Dronedeploy does not want to work with play services... slowly regretting this smart controller...
2019-5-4
Use props
fans3d3d3896
lvl.1
United States

JoelL Posted at 4-26 11:30
By far the worst update experience ever. I hope that from now on it's possible to update without using DJI Assistant...

Took me several tries for my laptop (Mac) to recognise the controller when plugged in

I advise people not to update yet as pilot does not work... I downgraded the software, had to reinstall pilot, my missions were gone and my lens settings as welll. Life is too short for this...
2019-5-4
Use props
fans3d3d3896
lvl.1
United States

HEFA Posted at 4-30 02:47

try another computer, my laptop did work, my desktop did not...
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

philobeddoe Posted at 5-2 03:03
Don't if usb debugging us on or not.
How can I check this?

Sorry for the late reply. Please go to Settings > Developer Options, if it is on and the option is USB Debugging, please select to transfer files.
Please let me know if it doesn't help, thanks.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mavic-Maniac Posted at 5-2 11:37
Hello Sir,

Hi there, sorry to hear your difficulties,  just to verify, is the computer recognized the controller? Please try to reinstall the latest DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.8 https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads, besides, please also disable USB Debugging, change to files transportation if you have switched on Developer Options (Settings > Developer Options).
Please let me know if this doesn't help.
2019-5-4
Use props
fusion2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28484 ft
United States

Starting to regret doing this update, controller notified me there was a update and i was on wifi, strong wifi, download update went fast no problems, know the install screen keeps showing 0% completed and the paper airplane just keeps flying. It has been doing that for an hour. This like another user said in this post, should not be a problem with the smart controller contacting the server and download and install as there are no other 3rd party in the middle....
2019-5-5
Use props
fusion2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28484 ft
United States

mberry72 Posted at 4-25 11:58
I had no problem installing the update from my mac

How long did it take using your mac, mine is still at 1% and thats been for the last 10 minutes
2019-5-5
Use props
fansbb115485
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275466 ft
Italy

KlooGee Posted at 4-25 10:52
Yes, the date seems to stay correct between reboots.

No, unfortunately after every restart time goes one hour ahead. Obviously if you don't synchronize it with the network.
2019-5-5
Use props
fansbb115485
lvl.2
Italy

JoelL Posted at 4-26 11:38
The update also introduces a new Date / Time bug.

After restarting the controller the date defaults to local time + 1hr for me. Even if I turn off the option to update time using the Wifi connection

mee to, 1 hour ahead
2019-5-5
Use props
fansbb115485
lvl.2
Italy

philstar Posted at 5-2 15:45
Hello Mavic-Maniac,
I haven't been able to update my Smart Controller successfully either.  I have been able to get DJI Assistant 2 to recognize it, however.  I have found that DJI Assistant never recognizes my controller using a pure USB 3 setup.  If I use a USB 3 port on my computer with a USB 3.0/C cable going to my controller it does NOT work.  If I use a USB2.0/C cable, DJI assistant recognizes my controller.  If I use a USB 2.0 extension cable between my USB 3.0 cable to my controller, that also works.  

Same condition in my Mac book pro. The only way is a patch cable USB2/C otherwise it won't work.
2019-5-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules