Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Field updates are a bad idea..
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

my father in law and I went for a flight today with our M2Ps
We both got a warning there was a update, I choose to get the cannon 80D out and do some ground work instead and do the updates at home and do some test flights..

Anyhow my father in law did the update in his car, as he was pretty keen..

It went up... and kpeted going ... lost signal at around 1.2km up and saw it hit the deck around 400 meters away landing on a BBQ..

I think we collected around 18 pieces.. could not find the camera at all..

Anyhow, it’s heading to DJI tomorow in a zip lock bag..

Don’t do updates in the field..

2019-4-25
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sad ending, but understandable the eagerness to fly, hits us all but never worth the risk. Personally I check everything prior to leaving my house and if it pops up wouldn't dream of flying until updated.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Renames. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Drone and thank you for sharing your experience with us as well. In addition  It is great to know that you have contacted DJI Support and that you will be sending the drone in. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank for your support.
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules