updating precise flysafe database
1477 2 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpektrumAir 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92877 ft
United States

Hi, I have been trying to update the Precise Fly Safe database following your instructions on my Phantom 4 pro +  several times now and with no success. sends me a request to update and I connect the cable as requested and hit OK and then lots of nothing... Please advise.
2019-4-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Spektrum,

The image shown for connecting the display to the Phantom is generic and may not apply to your configuration.  But, to get the download, you do have to connect the computer in the display to the computer in the Phantom.

You are flying a network of at least three computers.  The three computers have to communicate reliably and each has data storage and memory besides their processors.  The three computers are the Phantom, the display and the remote controller.  The display, in your case, an Android based tablet using a lot of CrystalSky technology, has by far the fastest computer, the most memory and the most data storage.  

The FlySafe download first goes to the display (even if it is built in) because it handles downloads and data best.  Then you have to connect the display to the Phantom so that the Flysafe database update can get to where it can do the most good - in the Phantom.

Normally, the display networks with the Phantom through the remote controller and its wireless transmissions, but to transfer large amounts of data, a cable is much faster than WiFi (at least with DJI technology).  Fortunately we have USB cables that are "Hot Swappable".  On page 9 of the manual;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

the Remote Controller Diagram shows two USB ports on the Remote Controller.  Because the display is built-in, these two USB ports serve as access to the display unless you can see a Micro USB port on the display itself.  You will need to test each of these USB ports.  

Your Phantom probably came with an OTG Cable that can adapt your full size USB cable to a Micro USB cable.  This way you can connect two Micro USB ports.  Your remote controller also has a full size USB port that will need to be tested as a connecting port.  (In the case of the P4 Pro without the built-in display, the MIcro USB port on the remote controller is in reserve and not presently functional.)

Hope this helps!  Keep trying the different ports.  One combination or another will work.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-26
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Hi Spektrum, I also have a P4P + when that happens to me I connect the drone to my computer with the provided USB cable,  and run DJI assistant, DJI Assistant will download the latest Flysafe database to your drone. Also connect you controller to a WiFi network to download the latest flysafe database to you controller as well. Hope this helps
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules