1331 10 2019-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I was full of hope when I saw the latest .0530 update this morning.

I totally disabled McAfee as I have had problems in the past with DJI software being flagged as malware, had files removed and quarantined etc.

So I downloaded and installed the latest DJI Assistant 2.08 pleased to see they changelog 2.07 said they had now corrected the Win 10 bug that plagued me causing me to uninstall it entirely some time ago.

In 2.08 they apparently have fixed a bug causing firmware upgrade failure.

However as the .0530 update has to be done via DJI Assistant I had no choice but to install it.

All went well and I waited while it downloaded the update.

It got 99% through the 'transmitting' update and then threw a failed update error.

I clicked on the log error which helpfully also said update failed...yeah I know.

I disconnected and rebooted the controller and PC, reconnected and ran DJI Assistant for the second time.

It downloaded the update all over again but then failed before it even got to the transmitting phase.

Rinse, wash & repeat.

It seems to me that DJI almost expects the update tp fail as at the bottom of the changelog it states;

'Contact DJI Support if the update fails several times.'

So anyway I turned the controller on and after a while it prompted me to update to .0530 so of course I clicked update.

It has now been sat here for @20 minutes showing Updating 0% with the blue animated icon flying off into the distance as if it is doing something but the progress still shows Updating 0% and I am too damn frightened to turn the Smart Controller off to avoid corrupting/bricking the thing!

If I try to backout of the update by clicking the back arrow or back button it says; 'Updating firmware, please wait for the update to finish.'

My guess is it will sit there ad infinitum until the battery goes flat.

For Gods sake DJI you produce some great hardware but you consistently fail when it comes to software.

Anybody else have an issue with updating to .0530 or was I just born lucky? ;^)

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-4-25
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try using a different USB cable , if it keeps failing via assistant 2 try updating via the settings menus as the files should have been transferred over
2019-4-25
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for taking the time to reply MA1 but USB cable is fine and was the one shipped with the Smart Controller when I bought in in January.

In fact during one of the 6...count 'em...SIX attempts DJI Assistant complained that the device connection was unstable so I unplugged/replugged both ends of the cable to no avail but that was because the Smart Controller had shut off part way through the upgrade!

I did hear the USB disconnect 'ding' from the PC but incorrectly figured that was a proper part of the update process.

I did try updating from the Settings menu as I was prompted at one point to update by the Smart Controller but I think I mentioned above it just sat there for over 20 minutes showing 0% with the animated blue icon flying away into the distance running the battery down.

I think I must have seen every error message built-in to DJI Assistant during the wasted two hours of my life this morning.

However I finally made it after six attempts(!) but it really shouldn't be this bad.

I am pleased to say the date bug appears to have been fixed for me at least although the Log-in/OAuth error when trying to Livestream to YouTube seems to have been overlooked yet again unless I have overlooked something fundamental.

I also updated the standard controller but that took 2 attempts as I couldn't seem to go straight from .0100 to .0400 without first updating to .0200 using that same USB cable with the DJI supplied adaptor on the end. I hate adaptors at the best of times...

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
pramak.seznam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391099 ft
Czechia

GlynH Posted at 4-26 04:21
Thanks for taking the time to reply MA1 but USB cable is fine and was the one shipped with the Smart Controller when I bought in in January.

In fact during one of the 6...count 'em...SIX attempts DJI Assistant complained that the device connection was unstable so I unplugged/replugged both ends of the cable to no avail but that was because the Smart Controller had shut off part way through the upgrade!

Hi, a similar problem I solved yesterday, I could not update the new FW .530 for SC, the application always collapsed at 99%. On the third laptop, everything was OK. Win10 64bit, USB 2.0, DJI Assistant V2.0.8. I recommend you try it on another computer. Good luck
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the post Pramak,

After 6...yes...SIX attempts it finally updated!

I think I saw every error message built-in to DJI Assistant in the process <sigh>

But it only took me two(!) attempts to update my standard controller.

It shouldn't be like this...

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Glyn. I am sorry for the trouble. Please make sure that your DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version v2.0.8, please download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads . If the issue persists, kindly please provide a screenshot of the error message for further help. Thank you.
2019-4-26
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-26 09:45
Hello and good day Glyn. I am sorry for the trouble. Please make sure that your DJI Assistant 2 is the latest version v2.0.8, please download from https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads . If the issue persists, kindly please provide a screenshot of the error message for further help. Thank you.

Although I appreciate you replying if you read and understood my original post you will notice that I did in fact use DJI Assistant 2.08 and it still took six attempts before it updated successfully.

It looks like the date bug has been squashed so thank you for that DJI.

I still have the OAuth/Login error when I try to Livestream to YouTube which I posted about in January where it has sat largely forgotten it seems.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-4-27
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

If your using the usb 3 port try using a usb 2 port that worked for me after many failed attempt's
2019-4-27
Use props
fans8ad9dcd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 858967 ft
United States

I’m working on the same download. What a joke. On the fifth try, gets to 98% upload and slaps me with an error. Thanks to this blog, now I’m updating the DJI assistant 2 to the latest also a pain with a Mac. It’s almost the DJI folks are laughing at up have to go through all of this crap for an update. Keep you posted
2019-4-27
Use props
fans8ad9dcd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 858967 ft
United States

After updating the DJI assistant 2 to the latest update I was able to upload and update the smart controller. It used up a lot of internal space. Question, do I do a factory reset on the controller or keep it as is.
2019-4-27
Use props
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

I'm not able to update.  I've got similar problems described here.

I've got DJI Assistant 2.0.8 installed.  A few days ago, I successfully upgraded the firmware to 0400, using this same computer and the same USB cable.  Now I'm trying to update to 0530 and I can't.  It fails with an "update failed" every time-- I've tried half a dozen times so far and it fails every single time.

I'm at my wit's end, here.  What the heck do I need to do to make my smart controller work?  This is a *terrible* customer experience.  I've only had the darn thing a week, and this is the *second* nightmare firmware-update experience I've had.
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules