Exporting/Sharing 360 Sphere from Smart Controller
3728 4 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

I've shot my 360 sphere and stitched it and saved it. Now can someone please explain how I can share it from the DJI Smart Controller? I see alot of threads about sharing it from an iPhone but none about sharing or exporting the sphere from the Smart Controller. thanks

2019-4-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

It probably depends on what you mean by share?

On a few occasions I have taken a screenshot of the Tiny Planet spherical results and shared that.

But the 360 is actually a special Panorama and when compiled is a FLAT image that looks distorted.  In order to "share" it you need either software or an app that can process it into a scrolling 360 or Tiny Planet.  I understand that Facebook has some feature that allows this but since I don't do facebook, I have no idea about it.

Here's a mere screenshot:

Here's what the "raw" pan looks like for another

I have posted my 360's to Kuula and it provides whatever processing is necessary to show the 360 or Tiny Planet.  Icons in the upper right allow either the scrolling "flat" 360 (move left/right/up/down) or Tiny Planet image which also can be scrolled.  Here's some of mine:

https://kuula.co/profile/ff22

2019-4-26
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 4-26 08:23
It probably depends on what you mean by share?

On a few occasions I have taken a screenshot of the Tiny Planet spherical results and shared that.

Thanks for the reply! Can you tell me how you took this screen shot please? It's great by the way!
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Marleyman. Thanks for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our valued DJI members and customers. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Marleyman Posted at 4-26 08:38
Thanks for the reply! Can you tell me how you took this screen shot please? It's great by the way!

Hmmm (g)

If I recall, if you REVIEW your 360, it shows up as the Globe.  After you take a 360, you can use the Review Icon (under the camera settings icon on the right) to look at your captures.  Pick the one you want and it will show.  The SC has a screen capture/shot option.  But I have a feeling that I actually captured that one on my computer when using Kuula.    Be careful when reviewing and then downloading - it downloads and while photos go pretty quickly, if you do it with video they can take MINUTES.  They use battery power and if the drone is UP there, you probably don't want it stuck in downloading mode.

I recall some app but have not found it that can do Tiny Planet on phones.  Don't know if it works with DJI 360's.  By the way, I looked at one of my Kuula links on my phone and its gyro sensors react so that if you turn or twist the phone the image scrolls and rolls - pretty neat and dizzying!

2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules