Map Related Question
861 8 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone2020
lvl.2

United States

Hi guys, i am a bit confused with how to read maps. I attached a pic. Yosemite is all highlighted red. Thats a no go zone. But what about the sorrounding areas that are painted green showing the border of the park? Can you fly in those areas? I circled it red. Always been confused since theres a lot of forest type green areas but always think its illegal since its part of the park.
20190426_091836.png
2019-4-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yosemite is a total NFZ - don't go there (with a drone). As for the adjacent parks - check the website of that specific park to see if drones are banned. By being green the airspace is safe to fly in but that does not mean the regulator of the park permits drones to take/off land there. Good luck.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Drone2020. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for raising this inquiry. I will be posting a link where in you can check different locations where you want to fly your drone if it is a NFZ of if that certain location is free to fly your drone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-4-26
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.2

United States

Thanks guys. I'm aware Yosemite is banned forever since the Phantom went inside the gaiser.

But I have been curious about all the green land on the drone apps. I'm in CA and there's tons or green areas but always assumed they belonged to a National Forrest agency.  I'll check that site out!
2019-4-26
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-26 08:56
Hello and good day Drone2020. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for raising this inquiry. I will be posting a link where in you can check different locations where you want to fly your drone if it is a NFZ of if that certain location is free to fly your drone. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Thats a great map link! Very informative. Also, i have B4ufly,Airmap,Hover and IavForecast. They all have slight variations when it comes to flying and not flying. Cam you suggest the most accurate one in the market?
2019-4-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone2020 Posted at 4-26 11:18
Thanks guys. I'm aware Yosemite is banned forever since the Phantom went inside the gaiser.

But I have been curious about all the green land on the drone apps. I'm in CA and there's tons or green areas but always assumed they belonged to a National Forrest agency.  I'll check that site out!

You're welcome
2019-4-27
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.2

United States

lol  Thanks for nothing
2019-4-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone2020 Posted at 4-27 08:53
lol  Thanks for nothing

lol my pleasure
2019-4-27
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Drone2020 Posted at 4-26 11:18

But I have been curious about all the green land on the drone apps. I'm in CA and there's tons or green areas but always assumed they belonged to a National Forrest agency.  I'll check that site out!

The geyser incident probably was the other Y park - Yellowstone.  But Yosemite is my favorite National Park.  I wish I lived closer drone or not!

I live in Seattle where the entire city is offlimits (other than private property) due to a crash into the Space Needle and a pedestrian at a parade.
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules