Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Time still exists with new FW 0530 in Germany
1098 12 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peli711
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221119 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for your update dji but i don't think your software developers know what they're exactly doing.

After the update which suceeded after the 6th retry, the time is not correct.

I live in Germany and have to use GMT+2 (European Summer time / Brussels)

I have time sync via network OFF.

Now while i'm writing this post ist is 18:14
Restarting the device with set time to 18:14 sets the time to 19:14
Restarting AGAIN and the time is 19:14

Setting the time back manually to 18:14 and restarting it, the time is again at 18:14.

Leaving the smart Controller OFF for 1-2 minutes, turning it back on, and the time is currentTime +1hr (btw. 19:17) again when restarted.

come on, are you serious? I paid a lot of money for a device where i expect that at least some quality checks are done before throwing products on the market and let your customers do YOUR job !!!

PS: i'm NOT going to make a video of this issue, your dev's need to investigate this issue exactly as i have described it. Please no Excuses, give us a bugfix asap.
2019-4-26
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

That's dissapointing. I can't replicate this here in the UK. Time and date are very basic aspects of a control system. It is difficult to be confident in a system with errors like this.  
2019-4-26
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ve got the same problem here in the netherlands. Always adds up 1 hour. I already wrote this in other post
2019-4-26
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Someone else posted that they are getting dates in 2018 - yes EIGHTEEN!
2019-4-26
Use props
NotMyFault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3013596 ft
Finland

While title of topic says Germany, confirm that issue with time setting occurs also here in Finland.
I tested yesterday after update several times if there would be such problem.  Everything seems to be just fine.

Went to fly this morning around 8:50am and just to be sure check time of Smart Controller.  And yep, there it is.  Time is 10:50.  So, not 1, but 2 hours off.
Set time right, do my stuff and go to another location, takes about 10-15min.  Starting Smart Controller, ready to change time... but no need!

Again do what I came to do and heading third location.  Again around 15 minutes to get here and start Smart Controller and Mavic around 09:55am.  Smart controller shows 10:55am.  So this time 1 hour off.

It will be interesting to see if it always goes to 10:xx am or randomly add 1 or 2 hours.
Sure, is less annoying just change time than time & date, but somehow - as it also seems to be random - it is annoying.

Maybe we finally get this fixed in next release, around Mid-June or something?
2019-4-26
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I'm using also GMT+2 Brusells, and I'm seeing similar behavior with exception it will set correct time every time so far for me. Without wifi enabled and with automatic time update disabled, when I power the controller on I see time +1 hour and after few seconds 2-3 it will set the correct one. For me seems like there is some startup script running which compares timezone or something and sets time offset. I will post update here if I will fined something new.
2019-4-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

To lighten Time problem...

2019-4-27
Use props
pramak.seznam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391099 ft
Czechia

DH_Pilot Posted at 4-27 00:20
I'm using also GMT+2 Brusells, and I'm seeing similar behavior with exception it will set correct time every time so far for me. Without wifi enabled and with automatic time update disabled, when I power the controller on I see time +1 hour and after few seconds 2-3 it will set the correct one. For me seems like there is some startup script running which compares timezone or something and sets time offset. I will post update here if I will fined something new.

Hi, I see the same behavior after the new SC update, the time is set correctly after 2 seconds.
2019-4-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

No issues on the Flight Log here in Brazil, except for the ETERNAL "MAP LOADING" instead of the location names... I noticed the date issue was solved when I synchronized my log in an iOS device and then again in SC... did you guys tried this?
2019-4-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like I also have the time issue.  I am in US Eastern Time Zone (GMT-4).  As I write this it is 10:01am and the device is showing 2:01pm.  It may be a coincidence, but the 4 hours difference the device is showing is also the same as what my GMT offset should be.  As soon as I connect to WiFi and have Automatic date & time turned on, it changes to the correct time.
2019-4-27
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

now I tested again after longer time that SM was not powered on and it started with time +1 hour but didn't set to correct one after few secs, after powering off and on again it started with time +1 and after 2 -3 seconds it corrected itself. So this seems it is not working constantly
2019-4-27
Use props
Peli711
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

@dji, did you create a bug issue on this? Please reply
2019-4-29
Use props
Peli711
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

@dji, any updates ????

Why are you ignoring this questions in 2 Threads ?????
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules