5364 10 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be awesome if the Ronin app would allow you to set focus points as well as gimbal positions when defining a motion lapse or tracking shot. I dont think this is possible at present but if there's any way of mentioning this to the developers it would be very much appreciated.
The creative possibilites with racking focus though a timelapse would be awesome.

Before that would work the current issue whereby Sony cameras cannot be controlled at the same time as using the focus motor would need to be fixed. I have the MCC cable which works perfecty with my A7 camera for rec startstop and photo triggering. The focus motor also works great when thats connected and not the camera but it's currently not possible to use both at the same time.

If you try to use the focus wheel with the motor and the camera attached to the ronin-s the focus motor is disabled and the focus wheel controls the camera zoom which is a bit pointless.

Thanks

2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Paul Joy. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. Let me please forward this thread/information to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said device. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-26
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

I second your request Paul. Remote control should include setting focus points.
Not being able to to change the settings/have HDMI out/use ethernet of my Nikon D5 when connected to the Ronin reduces the value of the Ronin considerably (for me)
2019-4-27
Use props
Sammydasloth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 350308 ft
New Zealand

It looks like its been over 6 month is there any chance this feature is coming? If we could have it for the time lapse and track features that would be ideal.

If it's not possible a it would be great to know.
2019-11-17
Use props
martin s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79117 ft
Austria

Great suggestion! Please add a control feature to the App … btw. is it possible, dear DJI-Team?
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_b7bseWDPxCky
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This would be very useful to be able to set points in the app. Would be useful for adjusting variable ND filters slowly during a motion lapse. Very slow movement would be needed.
Will this be possible with a firmware update?
2020-1-20
Use props
Yveske D
lvl.4
Belgium

Could we have something like
I'm interested in the coordination between slider/jib, Ronin and camera focus
2020-1-22
Use props
Sachin James
lvl.1
India

Would have been great if there was a feature in app to set focus points while using tracking mode... Any idea if this coming in future...
2020-5-25
Use props
Rohbiwan
New
United States

I'm new to the DJI product line, but I do really like my new Ronin-S. I would like to voice my support for control of the focus motor with the app in android. It would really be helpful. Thanks DJI
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_DYzEZhdrJZUQ
New

Germany

Please add focus options to the app.
2021-11-26
Use props
APHPTOFILMS
New

Colombia

My app does not want to enter, a mandatory password always appears but it is never removed from the screen, I am from Colombia, can you help me
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules