Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another crash - a lession to learn
804 12 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans799afcf3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7330302 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I crashed my M2P onto a tree while on a vacation trip to Yangshuo, China during Easter holiday.
Well, Yangshou in Guangxi province of China is a beautiful place with amazing landscape perfect for aerial shooting. I was filming a small stone hill and trying to circle around it, while in full speed circling, my M2P hit a tree on another stone hill nearby. The obstacle avoiding system was sounding for just half a second before it crashed onto the tree. Although the exact GPS location is known, it is impossible to recover the aircraft because it is on the vertical cliff edge and is too dangerous to climb. The craft seemed to be ok after the crash with the video link was still active, but I cannot restart the motors to fly off as it is not on a flat surface. I have no choice but to say good bye and downloaded all photos I took on this flight before switching off the control, really sad to see it was still alive but cannot be recovered!  Lession to learn, I should have downloaded a full map before the flight to have some landscape reference to avoid nearby hills in the flight path, it's difficult to download Google map in China though!  I shouldn't fly full speed circle with only the downlink vision as the only mean of reference because there is no side view to check obstacle! The obstacle avoidence system will never give you sufficient time to respond in high speed. I am now thinking to order a new M2P and keep my old controller for a dual controller setup later..and fly safe....

screenshot.jpg
2019-4-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10391991 ft
United States

That had to be frustrating.   Sorry it happened.
2019-4-26
Use props
CBURSE
lvl.2
United States

Sucks, happened to me too.
2019-4-26
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
United States

What a bummer. Sorry for your loss. Someone may find it one day.
2019-4-26
Use props
Mullheliflier
Captain
Flight distance : 4694144 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really sorry to hear that. My original Mavic Pro did the same thing last weekend. My first ever drone damaged in many years flying. Caught a small branch. It ripped the camera and gimbal off. Good news is my new Mavic 2 Pro arrived today. Hopefully it won’t be long until you are flying again.
2019-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi there, we're so sorry to know about the incident happened to your drone. If you are uncertain regarding the caused of the fly away incident, please contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.
2019-4-26
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65371 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your loss.  I don’t rely on OA.

When I set my M2P to circle a landmark, I make sure that it’s high enough to clear everything.  

Hope you get another bird and get back up in the air.  Accidents happen, despite the costly price tag.
2019-4-26
Use props
bikoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1040620 ft
Egypt

so bad   sorry for that
2019-4-27
Use props
ElectroGuru
Second Officer
Flight distance : 911644 ft
United States

Remember "Altitude is your Friend".  Especially around trees
2019-4-27
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-4-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope your back flying soon
2019-4-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1915335 ft
Netherlands

Not so nice indeed!
2019-4-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

sorry to hear - thats really bad luck - yes lesson learned is that you must be careful when flying sideways - i also got caught in a tree once whilst doing an orbit of something else.
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules