Gimbal overloading
4579 3 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juanca073
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi all,

Three days ago when I turned on the Spark I saw that when I moved the drone to the sides, the gimbal moved with it instead of being horizontal. Vertical movement works well.
I turned it off and when I turned it on again, it worked fine. The camera records videos well.
This problem was repeated sporadically when I was testing it. He did not always.

When it locks up I see an error "sobrecarga en el motor del estabilizador" (Gimbal overloading).
This afternoon on one of the flights, the message "Gimbal overload" appeared and immediately I lowered it to 1.5 mt. I saw that the gimbal was not horizontal. I landed it, turned it off and on again and made another flight without problems.

Is this a serious problem or is something that I can solve?

The spark was bought in January in the USA and I live in Argentina, so I would like to know if there is anything I can do, because it would be very expensive to send it to the USA.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_2019-04-25-00-11-13.png
Screenshot_2019-04-25-00-10-36.png
2019-4-26
Use props
Juanca073
lvl.1

Argentina

If this is repeated, can it damage something else in the drone?
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about t his situation. I would recommend refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 in your computer then re-calibrate the IMU of your drone to see if there will be changes. However, if this error message would occur again, we would recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation. You may check the link below for you to download the DJI Assistant2.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2019-4-27
Use props
Juanca073
lvl.1

Argentina

Thank you Tony.

I updated the software to days ago. Anyway, I have conected the Spark again to check the version and the program infom that it has the last firmware installed.
I have re-calibrate IMU again.

Now seems that it works well !!!
I have flew the spark 3-4  minutes and the imagen is good.
I powered on the battery and I have been moving the Spark several minutes and the gimbal works very well. I´m very happy!

Before that, when I played the cardan (with the battery off), it sometimes seemed to rub against something. Now it moves freely.
Is it possible that only reconfiguring the IMO has solved the problem? This would mean that it is not a hardware problem?

Thanks again!
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules