Noisy ISO 100 4K@60fps Video on daylight
3129 11 2019-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Hi guys,
I wonder if your 4K@60fps Osmo Pocket videos are noisy at ISO 100 in daylight at shutter speed of 1/120?
I can see clearely noise on my videos, not as much as on higher ISO values, but still noise...
Tnx in advance!
2019-4-26
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Normal color?
2019-4-27
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Yes it occurs for Normal and of course for D-Cinelike Ungraded and after LUT Grading as well.
2019-4-27
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Day light, no, even 1080p slomo dosen't have noisy picture, if you try auto mode instead of manual mode would it be better?
2019-4-27
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

viewing in 4k looking at dark or shadow area yes I can see noise, I think such a small optic and cmos, it is impossible to produce clean image like a point shoot mirrorless camera or DSLR
2019-4-27
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Yes, I mean especially to the darker parts of a day light shot...Looks noisy.
In order to get a lower noise image even on a day light, it is required to use a Denoise software.
2019-4-27
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Yes but I hate to use denoise on daylight footage since this always smooth the details out and make a 4k look just like 1080p. I prefer crystal sharpness on day light footage.
2019-4-27
Use props
fans0f500aca
lvl.1
Turkey

Could you solve the problem, I have the same problem too... Is this a fail?
2020-7-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Could you show us a frame grab?
2020-7-18
Use props
fans0f500aca
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 7-18 00:09
Could you show us a frame grab?

Here is the drive link for a ISO 100 sample video, is it normal ?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pyvJfsKP1rT5F8eLVIcvg93wKRRbeezB?usp=sharing
OSMO Pocket Video Test ISO 100
Dont know why we cant click on it ...

2020-7-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans0f500aca Posted at 7-18 01:39
Here is the drive link for a ISO 100 sample video, is it normal ?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pyvJfsKP1rT5F8eLVIcvg93wKRRbeezB?usp=sharing
OSMO Pocket Video Test ISO 100

fans0f500aca link
Clickable link

Noise comes from a couple of sources. Reflected light streams into the lens and falls on the sensor, which is covered in millions of photosites — or pixels — that convert the variable levels of the light waves into digital signals. These small variances in current are what create images in modern sensors.

In the most common sensor for film production these days, the CMOS, attached to each photosite is an amplifier that adjusts the output of each pixel by cutting or boosting voltage, making the image darker or brighter, respectively. The user can do this by adjusting the gain or ISO. The data from the sensor gets read and the pixel charge resets.
Once the sensor information gets read, the data passes through a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (frequently shortened to ADC or A/D) where the variance in voltage to each pixel gets converted to a binary value. Additionally, pixel location and other user-defined camera settings get saved as metadata in the camera storage device.
The majority of noise comes from the sensor or analog-to-digital conversion.

What Is Image Noise?
Put simply, image noise is undesired fluctuations of color or luminance that obscure detail in the shot you were trying to capture.
Image noise arises primarily in underexposed footage as pixels have little light fluctuation to report in the intended image but are being over-amplified by boosted ISO values. Beyond exposure, sensors are also susceptible to a range of other issues that create noise in the final image. The heat of the sensor or other outside interference can also cause noise.

2020-7-18
Use props
fans0f500aca
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 7-18 08:57
fans0f500aca link
Clickable link

Thank you so much sir, my English is not good that much but I tried to understand. Your knowledge is huge ( as I understood ) about these cameras. So , can we say, yes this footages are normal? I know thats not terrible but it is my first camera also it is not cheap thing in my country, so I got a little bit nervous Thanks again...
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules