636 3 2019-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KayserSoeze
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1450499 ft
Portugal

Hi,
Is it possible for me to use the SD card in my smart controller to auto download photos and videos from the drone itself in their native resoultion and size? For me, that would be a great way to back-up my files during travels.
2019-4-27
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I will provide a qualified yes to that question.  As I can't guarantee that everything will be downloaded.  I'm not sure if the separate images of a Panorama are all downloaded or only the final compiled single image.

I need to write this in a file since I've posted a few times.

On the Controller just below the icon for camera/video settings is another icon - small triangle.  It is the Review Icon (like on many digital cameras) to see what you have captured.  As you review or look at the photo or video, there's another small "bucket" icon with a down arrow.  That is the Download Icon.  Press it and the file you are reviewing will be downloaded to the SC (it actually also works on the regular controller to your phone/tablet).  One CAUTION - while photos transfer pretty quickly a video can take some minutes and all the while it is using the battery of the controller and DRONE.  So if your drone is still airborne, use care.  I usually wait till I've landed.  But for a quick photo review, while it is up, is fine.  Also, make sure where the download is saved, you don't want to use up Internal Memory.  

2019-4-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Just to add to answer in post #2 and #3 it don't download all files.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, all of the files can't be downloaded on the DJI Smart controller and it could only download limited resolution. Therefore, other files must be transferred using the USB or a card reader. However, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward it into our designated department to see if this option can be provided in the future update. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules