Gimbal not responding
9838 18 2019-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8446460 ft
United States

Having an issue where the gimbal does not move at all.   The picture comes through fine but it just hangs there limp.    Prior to this happening I was flying around normally.   I landed.   Shut down the m2p.  Replaced battery and booted up.    This happened right after I replaced the battery.    Any suggestions.
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi NJ-Drone, sorry for the inconvenience. Have you experienced any hard landing or crash before? Did you receive an error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot for further checking. For the meantime, you can flash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 and then calibrate the gimbal. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If the issue persists, kindly export the gimbal logs from DJI Assistant 2. If the file size of the log is 0 kb, it indicates that there is no gimbal firmware, and there may be an error with the software. If the file size of the log is larger than 0 kb, there's a possiblity that it can be an error with the hardware. Please keep me posted, thanks!

2019-4-27
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 08:43
Hi NJ-Drone, sorry for the inconvenience. Have you experienced any hard landing or crash before? Did you receive an error message? If yes, kindly provide a screenshot for further checking. For the meantime, you can flash the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 and then calibrate the gimbal. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If the issue persists, kindly export the gimbal logs from DJI Assistant 2. If the file size of the log is 0 kb, it indicates that there is no gimbal firmware, and there may be an error with the software. If the file size of the log is larger than 0 kb, there's a possiblity that it can be an error with the hardware. Please keep me posted, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

When I go to the gimbal log file I get an error.   No file is found.     I have downgraded firmware and then upgraded back to the latest FW.   Still no luck
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 4-27 11:07
When I go to the gimbal log file I get an error.   No file is found.     I have downgraded firmware and then upgraded back to the latest FW.   Still no luck

Sorry to know that. Please provide a screenshot of the error message. Thank you.
2019-4-27
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 13:51
Sorry to know that. Please provide a screenshot of the error message. Thank you.

Today I spent the day working on the M2P.   I was able to get logs uploaded.   I sent them via the app and also saved them locally.  Still having the same problem.  You can look up my request via my email address carljames@unlimited-nj.org
2019-4-28
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 13:51

I also did the updating that you instructed me to do.   I calibrated the IMU and compass again.  Downgraded firmware...upgraded.   
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 4-28 12:46
Today I spent the day working on the M2P.   I was able to get logs uploaded.   I sent them via the app and also saved them locally.  Still having the same problem.  You can look up my request via my email address

My apologies for all the trouble. This concern has already been forwarded to our related team. Kindly wait for the feedback. Appreciate your patience and support.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 4-28 12:53
I also did the updating that you instructed me to do.   I calibrated the IMU and compass again.  Downgraded firmware...upgraded.

I understand, I hope there's other way to fix this. As of the moment, I'm still waiting for the reply from our related team. I will PM you about the update as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-4-28
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-28 16:53
I understand, I hope there's other way to fix this. As of the moment, I'm still waiting for the reply from our related team. I will PM you about the update as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for the assistance.   This is kind of an urgent issue  on my end .   I am traveling to shoot video for a racing event in June.   If this needs to be repaired  I would hope to get it completed as fast as possible.   I know it’s not anyone’s fault but the timing is cutting it close.   Thank you
2019-4-28
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-28 16:53

Have you had any feedback?   
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 5-2 19:20
Have you had any feedback?

Sorry for the late response. Our related team is requesting for the gimbal logs. Kindly share the file here and  upload the file by using google-drive or Dropbox. After that, I will personally forward the file directly to our server. Again, sorry for all the trouble that it caused you. Thank you
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 4-28 23:36
Thank you for the assistance.   This is kind of an urgent issue  on my end .   I am traveling to shoot video for a racing event in June.   If this needs to be repaired  I would hope to get it completed as fast as possible.   I know it’s not anyone’s fault but the timing is cutting it close.   Thank you

You're welcome. I understand that this is very important to you and I will do my best to give you the best resolution available on my end. By the way, may I know what is the file size of the log when you exported the gimbal logs via DJI Assistant 2? Appreciate your patience and support, thanks!
2019-5-3
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-3 11:11
You're welcome. I understand that this is very important to you and I will do my best to give you the best resolution available on my end. By the way, may I know what is the file size of the log when you exported the gimbal logs via DJI Assistant 2? Appreciate your patience and support, thanks!

I uploaded the log file again.  It is  about 500 MB I think
2019-5-3
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

You're welcome. I understand that this is very important to you and I will do my best to give you the best resolution available on my end. By the way, may I know what is the file size of the log when you exported the gimbal logs via DJI Assistant 2? Appreciate your patience and support, thanks!

this is the name of the file

DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2019-04-28_16-37-04.DAT
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 5-3 15:34
I uploaded the log file again.  It is  about 500 MB I think

Thanks for that, As I mentioned on post #11, kindly provide the log file here via google-drive or Dropbox and provide me the link. Once that file is successfully  uploaded here, I will  transfer it personally to our server. Thank you.
2019-5-5
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-5 15:58
Thanks for that, As I mentioned on post #11, kindly provide the log file here via google-drive or Dropbox and provide me the link. Once that file is successfully  uploaded here, I will  transfer it personally to our server. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... OfNMlIU3RbYo7sz1TAX
2019-5-6
Use props
NJ-Drone
lvl.2
United States

You're welcome. I understand that this is very important to you and I will do my best to give you the best resolution available on my end. By the way, may I know what is the file size of the log when you exported the gimbal logs via DJI Assistant 2? Appreciate your patience and support, thanks!

Soooooo?    Another week of nothing done to help my issue.   
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 5-6 09:31
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hTkP3eKpwkJLaOfNMlIU3RbYo7sz1TAX

Thanks, this file has already been forwarded to our team. Please wait for an update, thanks!
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NJ-Drone Posted at 5-9 13:55
Soooooo?    Another week of nothing done to help my issue.

Sorry for the late reply. The other option that you have is to contact or support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in the drone for analysis. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of this issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please take note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thanks for your support.

2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules