1402 1 2019-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebsebseb
lvl.1

France

Hi all, Hi Dji forum mods,

So here is my first post here.

Here we go... I have a Dji focus : Remote controler + DJi motor.

It's been 2 years, and my warranty is running out in a few days.

I'm using it without a ronin, just to be precise, directly plugged on D-tap or multi D-tap on my V-mounts batteries on my Red Dragon 6K.

Last year, I have burnt a motor. Meaning, it wasn't even flashing light, I changed cable, I plugged it directly into the Remote controller. Nothing. Dead.

It was plugged on a multi D-tap. I was also using a Teradek Bolt 300 at the same moment. They were both plugged on the same multi D-tap which was plugged on a V-mount battery.

So at one point the motor burnt, suddently when I unplugged and plugged it again. No rain, no cold, no hot.

It was under warranty, and was replaced by a brand new one. Thanks.

The new motor I have received lasted the next 2 hours of shooting. Same set up, but not the same V-mount battery.

No rain, no nothing, it just burnt when I unplugged it and replugged it and it switched my camera off.

It was replaced by a brand new one, still under warranty, thanks.

Now I have this brand new motor in my hands.... and I'm quite afraid to use it. Because if it burns, I will have to pay for a new one. And I think it's unfair.

It seems like it's a common problem, because I'm not the only one in this case which means that this motor might have a real problem.

My question is : Do you have any idea why so many focus motors are dying, like suddently ?

I don't think I'm doing something wrong, (me or all the people having the same problem with this motor), but we never know... If it's the case, I really would like to be informed.

I really like the Dji focus, that's why, I'd like to keep going with it. But having to buy extras one every shooting is not something I can afford.

If it also happens to you, please, explain your case. There are A LOT of people having this same problem since 2015.

Dji mods, I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Seb.

2019-4-28
Use props
sebsebseb
lvl.1

France

Nobody really ?
2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now