1322 23 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mitch72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69213 ft
United Kingdom

DJI_0006a-DJI.jpg
Literally 5 seconds after taking this photo, I was backing the drone up to adjust the compisition of the next image... I had taken my eye off the drone and completely forgot what height she was at when I promptly reversed her into the canopy of a tree.... Because said tree was on an Island I walked 2.5 miles there to find her and 2.5 miles back... I am not built for walking or thinking as I realised today lol..... I was incredibly lucky, the props were buggered, had a spare set so all good, and a crack on the lens of the camera, other than that everything else seems fine, did a test flight when i got home in the garden and seems to be working fine...... any advice on how to go about changing the camera lens would be grateful.... Many thanks.

2019-4-29
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

zoom unscrews, pro push and slide I believe on the m2, not sure about the mavic 1 pro maybe unscrews same as m2z
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your drone. We're glad to know that the drone seems to be fine after the incident. For a friendly reminder, if the drone experience any incidents, we're recommending to send the unit into our facility for further evaluation of the drone as the behavior of the drone may change and it may affect to the flight performance in the future causing further damage to the drone. The repair fee would depend on the damage assessment of our related department and the warranty coverage of the drone. If you wish to contact our support, kindly see the link below. Thank you for your understanding.

www.dj.com/support
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great shot and glad you recovered the drone. Unfortunately, the MP1 has a fixed lens camera so it will probably be a case of having to raise a ticket with DJI and return the drone for a replacement camera and probably gimbal unit.
2019-4-29
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would just send it into DJI Service to see what they can do to give you the best estimate?...
2019-4-29
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

raven swe Posted at 4-29 07:58
zoom unscrews, pro push and slide I believe on the m2, not sure about the mavic 1 pro maybe unscrews same as m2z

Many thanks ...
2019-4-29
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 4-29 08:48
I would just send it into DJI Service to see what they can do to give you the best estimate?...

Many thanks...
2019-4-29
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-29 08:12
Great shot and glad you recovered the drone. Unfortunately, the MP1 has a fixed lens camera so it will probably be a case of having to raise a ticket with DJI and return the drone for a replacement camera and probably gimbal unit.

Thanks AJ..... and yes you are correct about the camera lens, it is an all in one unit, straight forward enough to swap out myself and probably a lot cheaper than sending it off for DJI to do. Everything else on the bird is fine, not even a scratch to the shell, no distortion, she hovers perfectly, the Gimbal works as it should, to be fair you can't see the crack when viewing the live feed from the drone, so at the moment no real hurry to spend lots of money... Especially don't want to break the bank if they are going to bring some ridiculous drone laws in for the UK... They are trying to find a way of implementing something they call Fins? where you would have to apply to fly in a certain area days prior and a strong possibility that they might even charge you for the pleasure, in which case I would prolly sell up in any event lol.
2019-4-29
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-29 08:11
Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your drone. We're glad to know that the drone seems to be fine after the incident. For a friendly reminder, if the drone experience any incidents, we're recommending to send the unit into our facility for further evaluation of the drone as the behavior of the drone may change and it may affect to the flight performance in the future causing further damage to the drone. The repair fee would depend on the damage assessment of our related department and the warranty coverage of the drone. If you wish to contact our support, kindly see the link below. Thank you for your understanding.

www.dj.com/support

Many thanks for your advise, I will take it on board when it comes to make a decision.
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mitch72 Posted at 4-29 21:46
Thanks AJ..... and yes you are correct about the camera lens, it is an all in one unit, straight forward enough to swap out myself and probably a lot cheaper than sending it off for DJI to do. Everything else on the bird is fine, not even a scratch to the shell, no distortion, she hovers perfectly, the Gimbal works as it should, to be fair you can't see the crack when viewing the live feed from the drone, so at the moment no real hurry to spend lots of money... Especially don't want to break the bank if they are going to bring some ridiculous drone laws in for the UK... They are trying to find a way of implementing something they call Fins? where you would have to apply to fly in a certain area days prior and a strong possibility that they might even charge you for the pleasure, in which case I would prolly sell up in any event lol.

Cool - if you know how to install one correctly then that will be a lot cheaper and quicker solution
2019-4-29
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-29 22:21
Cool - if you know how to install one correctly then that will be a lot cheaper and quicker solution

It is fiddly as the screws are tiny, but pretty straight forward... I can get a replacement camera for £15 including postage... Not even going to ask what DJI would charge, I imagine the postage of the drone would cost more.
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mitch72 Posted at 4-29 22:51
It is fiddly as the screws are tiny, but pretty straight forward... I can get a replacement camera for £15 including postage... Not even going to ask what DJI would charge, I imagine the postage of the drone would cost more.

That is cheap - I'd imagine three figures to swap out an MP1 camera
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mitch72 Posted at 4-29 21:48
Many thanks for your advise, I will take it on board when it comes to make a decision.

You're most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have further concerns.
2019-4-30
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Very nice shot, glad your bird only suffered minor damage
2019-4-30
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ShermanFlyer Posted at 4-30 14:55
Very nice shot, glad your bird only suffered minor damage

Many thanks ...
2019-4-30
Use props
TakeFlite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Nice shot! Definitely pretty lucky though considering you seem to be over water, hope it all works out and we see some more shots soon.
2019-4-30
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TakeFlite Posted at 4-30 23:59
Nice shot! Definitely pretty lucky though considering you seem to be over water, hope it all works out and we see some more shots soon.

Many thanks ... I was very lucky without doubt, have seen others post on here that have flew into a tree, leaving them with a jigsaw puzzle instead of a drone... I just need to pay more attention to where the drone is rather than what I am looking at on the screen lol
2019-5-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

a lovely photo, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope it will be solved without any big issues, bills
2019-5-1
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 5-1 00:52
a lovely photo, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope it will be solved without any big issues, bills

Hi Flybee and many thanks, only damage is to the camera lens, just waiting on a replacement, so no major damage, very lucky.
2019-5-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Mitch72 Posted at 5-1 21:24
Hi Flybee and many thanks, only damage is to the camera lens, just waiting on a replacement, so no major damage, very lucky.

good to hear, than you will be airborne again soon.
2019-5-1
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 5-1 21:44
good to hear, than you will be airborne again soon.

wont be too long now, just waiting on the postman lol
2019-5-1
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Nive shot Mitch72 and sorry to hear about the lens. I would send it back to DJI to have it checked. Thanks for sharing
2019-5-1
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

You’re welcome
2019-5-2
Use props
Mitch72
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sky Carrier Posted at 5-1 22:18
Nive shot Mitch72 and sorry to hear about the lens. I would send it back to DJI to have it checked. Thanks for sharing

Many thanks...
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules