Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Flyaway
425 5 4-29 08:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17644117 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

My M2P lost signal for 22 seconds. It reconnected and was in RTH home mode, but was pointed in the oppposite direction and flying away from the home point!!!

DJI.jpg

I managed to cancel the RTH and fly it home. Tried to manually start the RTH a couple of times afterwards and it was all ok.

No error messages at all, e.g. compass etc.

Is this a bug?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KB0LH497GMUBGTTY1JHQ/
4-29 08:33
Use props
3BEPb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 165886 ft
  • >>>
United States

All RTH stuff is related to GPS positioning and compass functioning. Most likely you hit a zone where signals were lost and compass got confused. High voltage lines? Cell towers?
4-29 09:14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4095415 ft
  • >>>
Finland

What happened with your craft was correct and what should have happened if signal is lost.

If you loose signal further than 50 metres and less than 2000 metres, on signal loss your craft will retrace it’s original flight path for 60 seconds it will if signal returns it will stop for 10 seconds and await your action, if none is forthcoming it will fly directly home from this position.

It is for very good reason and makes logical sense, but it can look daunting if your not aware of this, but all is good no problems.
4-29 10:52
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day dancopter. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and that you are having an issue with the RTH of the said drone. Is the firmware of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro on it's latest version? You may need to press and hold the RTH button on your remote controller for you to use the said function properly. We highly recommend setting the altitude of the aircraft higher than any objects below to avoid the incident. Thank you.
4-29 10:56
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
4-29 18:33
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17644117 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 10:52
What happened with your craft was correct and what should have happened if signal is lost.

If you loose signal further than 50 metres and less than 2000 metres, on signal loss your craft will retrace it’s original flight path for 60 seconds it will if signal returns it will stop for 10 seconds and await your action, if none is forthcoming it will fly directly home from this position.

Ah yes, thanks, now I realise. Was a little scary when it reconnected and was flying directly away from me!

4-30 00:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules