Osmo Mobile 2 With Huawei P30 pro
7836 7 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plmalves
New

Mozambique

Hi all

I just got the new Huawei P30 pro and i am having problems shooting in slow motion or setting the frame rate.
With the iphone, when i tapped the camera icon, i could select 30fps or 60fps depending on the resolution i wanted (2k or 4k). With the Huawei i don't have that option, it only shows 4k, 1080p or 720p.

Anyone has any ideia about what the problem is or how to workaround to shoot in slomo using the osmo mobile 2 app?

Thanks in advance!
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day plmalves. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Huawei P30 pro. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 2 as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Huawei P30 pro will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Huawei P30 pro when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-4-29
Use props
plmalves
New

Mozambique

Hi Stephen and thanks for your reply.
Actually, when I use my Iphone 7 I can select a different frame rate from the Osmo Mobile 2 / DJI Go app. I am kind of frustrated since I bought the device with the best camera available I cannot use it to full extent on the Osmo Mobile 2. I should have checked the compatibility list before... but In any case hope the app is upgraded to the Huawei P30 and P30 pro series because everyone that wants to do professional work with mobile devices is upgrading to this device due to camera performance.

Will be waiting for updates soon. Thanks again.

Pedro
2019-4-30
Use props
DekHog
lvl.1

United Kingdom

plmalves Posted at 4-30 00:50
Hi Stephen and thanks for your reply.
Actually, when I use my Iphone 7 I can select a different frame rate from the Osmo Mobile 2 / DJI Go app. I am kind of frustrated since I bought the device with the best camera available I cannot use it to full extent on the Osmo Mobile 2. I should have checked the compatibility list before... but In any case hope the app is upgraded to the Huawei P30 and P30 pro series because everyone that wants to do professional work with mobile devices is upgrading to this device due to camera performance.

I agree, it's extremely frustrating..... I also (rather stupidly) expected Filmic Pro to work with the Osmo 2, but Android seems to be the poor relation when it comes to support  - on saying that, I'm not buying an iPhone ever again!
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Stephen Posted at 4-29 09:08
Hello and good day plmalves. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Huawei P30 pro. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Mobile 2 as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Huawei P30 pro will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Huawei P30 pro when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'm also using the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 with the Huawei P30 Pro. I'm mostly happy with the results, though it was disconcerting to read your message that they're not officially compatible. I hadn't found any indication of this when first buying them.

The one issue that I have is that, even with the phone slid down as far as it can go, it's still top-heavy, and so shots that should be level tilt by some 5-10 degrees. Is there a workaround for this?
2019-5-9
Use props
Brett Campbell
New

New Zealand

I can't even get my Huawei P30 Pro to download the correct app for the DJI OSMO mobile 2. I am at my wits end. I scan the QR code and it wants to download an invoice app???? WTF is going on!!!
2019-5-11
Use props
DekHog
lvl.1

United States

Brett Campbell Posted at 5-11 01:45
I can't even get my Huawei P30 Pro to download the correct app for the DJI OSMO mobile 2. I am at my wits end. I scan the QR code and it wants to download an invoice app???? WTF is going on!!!

It's  this one you want.....

DJI Osmo App for Android
2019-5-13
Use props
DekHog
lvl.1

United States

Brett Campbell Posted at 5-11 01:45
I can't even get my Huawei P30 Pro to download the correct app for the DJI OSMO mobile 2. I am at my wits end. I scan the QR code and it wants to download an invoice app???? WTF is going on!!!

Stupid forum software doesn't know how to put a link in, then doesn't let you edit your post after two minutes! It's this one.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules