Smart Controller Update V01.00.0530 5D button stop working
2072 9 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobetterz
lvl.2
United States

Last week:
I updated my smart controller to the new firmware version.
Issue #1
Now the 5D button doesnt work at all.
I have change functions and restarted several times

Issue #2
If the controller isn't connected to the internet the date remains/reset always to Jan 2013

Please let me know how these issues can be solved
thanks
Mo

2019-4-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

A number of us still have problems with the DATE.  They have not fixed it fully.

Have you tried PRESSING the Power Button for about 10 seconds or a bit more.  That kind of reboots/resets the controller.  If that does not work, you may need warranty repair.
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mobetterz. I am sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the DJI Smart Controller using the DJI Assistant 2. To see if the issue will still persist? With regards to the date that remains/reset always to Jan 2013. Please turn off the automatically synchronize with an internet time server feature and manually modify the time to the correct time. In addition the cause of the said problem has been located and it will be resolved in the next version of the firmware. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-4-29
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Have you found a sollution regarding the 5d button?
2019-4-29
Use props
Mobetterz
lvl.2
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 4-29 23:21
Have you found a sollution regarding the 5d button?

Yes, I was in a half state between versions. (Controller updated to version xxx.xxx.53)
dji assist said I was on xxx.004
I noticed when I connected the controller, the message box to allow transferring of file. if you select any option it would disconnect and the dji assistant couldn't see the controller anymore.
Don't select an option. select the background (might close. I didn't try).
Then waited to finish. It updated

Issue #1 is resolved

Issue #2 was resolved by ff22. Press the power once, then hold power to turn on.
I did this for turning off as well

I thank you guys for your quick responses
2019-4-30
Use props
D.Raphael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi everyone, big problems with the smart controller and the go4 app. In flight the go4 app. turn off 10 times. That come since the fw update. Very annoying !! Any one knows this problem ?
2019-4-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

D.Raphael Posted at 4-30 08:57
Hi everyone, big problems with the smart controller and the go4 app. In flight the go4 app. turn off 10 times. That come since the fw update. Very annoying !! Any one knows this problem ?

Try reloading or refreshing the software.  Assistant has a refresh/reload option.
2019-4-30
Use props
Mobetterz
lvl.2
United States

D.Raphael Posted at 4-30 08:57
Hi everyone, big problems with the smart controller and the go4 app. In flight the go4 app. turn off 10 times. That come since the fw update. Very annoying !! Any one knows this problem ?

change the display settings
Sleep to never
I had that happen in flight my screen would go black.
Let me know if that worked
2019-5-2
Use props
Chesh
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same here, go 4 app keeps crashing on SC since .530 update
2019-6-8
Use props
Mobetterz
lvl.2
United States

Date is still somewhat still an issue. probably has to do with no internal clock holding the date and time
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules