What version is stable
1326 10 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

So its spring time here in the states, northeast and I wanna get my spark ready for flying season.  I took it out of my box the other day and upgraded the firmware and brought my android app up to the latest version.  Upgraded the controller firmware, etc.  Its all ready to go.  I do recall last year, and even know while reading various threads that some people run older versions.

I dont think I can downgrade firmware, but I know I can install older app versions (apk's).  So my question is...are things stable these days? Are there preferred older app versions and if so, why?  I hate to get out to fly my spark and run into issues, if there are known bugs out there.

Thanks all

2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day chugger93. Thanks for reaching out. We cannot guarantee that the older version of the firmware will work properly so we highly recommend you to upgrade the firmware of your DJI spark to its latest firmware to avoid any errors and problems. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-29
Use props
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 10:48
Hi, good day chugger93. Thanks for reaching out. We cannot guarantee that the older version of the firmware will work properly so we highly recommend you to upgrade the firmware of your DJI spark to its latest firmware to avoid any errors and problems. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Is the latest firmware from  July 2018 as shown in the announcements?  I looked in that forum, and that seems rather old... no?
2019-4-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You could put some apks on your phone and install, in case your actual Go4 is not working well. 4.1.15 is stabil, 4.2.21 ist stabil, 4.3.xx I have never tried!
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

chugger93 Posted at 4-29 10:49
Is the latest firmware from  July 2018 as shown in the announcements?  I looked in that forum, and that seems rather old... no?

Thank you for the additional information. Yes, the updated version of the firmware was released last July 2018 and that would be the latest one. You may refer to the image below for the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App. Thank you for continued support.

2019-4-29
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

It is always advisable to use the latest app version. I always use the latest one and have never had any issues with any app version.
2019-4-30
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 11:08
Thank you for the additional information. Yes, the updated version of the firmware was released last July 2018 and that would be the latest one. You may refer to the image below for the latest version of the DJI Go 4 App. Thank you for continued support.

[view_image]

Hello DJI Gamora, it seems the screenshot you have shared is a bit outdated. I just checked the Go4 version on my Android phone and found out that the latest one is 4.3.16 updated on 19 April 2019.

2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-30 03:17
Hello DJI Gamora, it seems the screenshot you have shared is a bit outdated. I just checked the Go4 version on my Android phone and found out that the latest one is 4.3.16 updated on 19 April 2019.

[view_image]

Thank you for the additional information. Yes, we already release the new version of the DJI Go 4 application. In addition, our related department could not manage to update the release notes of the Spark. that's the reason why the old version of the DJI Go 4 app still indicates there. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one
2019-5-1
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-30 03:08
It is always advisable to use the latest app version. I always use the latest one and have never had any issues with any app version.

Bull...! This was thought by the iphone owners who upgraded their phones, which slowed down then! Apple solved this way to buy a new phone!
Do you think that did not come to mind the DJI?
I'm using the firmware (0701) that was last used for a change and not just optimization and bla-bla-bla ...
No need to repair what works !!!
2019-5-1
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-30 03:17
Hello DJI Gamora, it seems the screenshot you have shared is a bit outdated. I just checked the Go4 version on my Android phone and found out that the latest one is 4.3.16 updated on 19 April 2019.

[view_image]

Most of the reasonless flyaway has been released since the release of the new firmware.
The comments begin as follows: I upgraded the firmware and then took the Spark to a flight and then did not react to the control and flyaway ...
2019-5-1
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-1 15:25
Most of the reasonless flyaway has been released since the release of the new firmware.
The comments begin as follows: I upgraded the firmware and then took the Spark to a flight and then did not react to the control and flyaway ...

Well thank you for all the information but I choose to trust my own experience (of 188 flights, 20 hours, 119kms to be precise) with the latest firmware/software rather than believing in hearsay. Have a good day.
2019-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules