Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When DJI Simulator for Mac arrives?
30173 30 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans512c1309
lvl.1
United States

We have at home a Mavic, Spark... and we are going for more...
Recently I see the news about a simulator, great!!!
But only works in Windows.... really???

Somebody knows if comes a version for Mac?
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Simulator can't be used in Mac computers and it's currently supporting Windows computer only. You may refer to the link below for further details about the flight simulator. In addition, we don't have the exact time frame when will be the DJI Simulator will be compatible with MAC IOS. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads
2019-4-29
Use props
djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53025 ft
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 14:00
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Simulator can't be used in Mac computers and it's currently supporting Windows computer only. You may refer to the link below for further details about the flight simulator. In addition, we don't have the exact time frame when will be the DJI Simulator will be compatible with MAC IOS. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

When I tried to install this version (previous version didn't support Spark) I got a warning from my virus checker (G Data)

2019-4-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Install a windows on your mac and go simulate! https://www.theverge.com/2015/7/ ... -how-to-install-osx
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_4sLt1qLPkkvB Posted at 4-29 23:02
When I tried to install this version (previous version didn't support Spark) I got a warning from my virus checker (G Data)
[view_image]

Thank you for the additional information. We are not recommending customers to download any 3rd party application to prevent some troubles and issues. For the simulator, as of the moment, we do only support windows OS. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.
2019-5-1
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Does the new version support the Spark????
2019-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Mhinc Posted at 5-3 01:16
Does the new version support the Spark????

Afaik no, you "just" need a different remote, to use the simulator for the Spark. The RC is (was?) not supported, but the Spark would be.
Or did I confuse something in the topic?
2019-5-3
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 5-3 05:04
Afaik no, you "just" need a different remote, to use the simulator for the Spark. The RC is (was?) not supported, but the Spark would be.
Or did I confuse something in the topic?

Nah, someone above said
"When I tried to install this version (previous version didn't support Spark) I got a warning from my virus checker (G Data)"
Which made me thing maybe they had updated it to work with the Spark remote.
Seems pretty stupid to offer the Spark in the Sim without supporting it's remove.  How much harder can it be to support it along side the other remotes.  VERY frustrating.
2019-5-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Like I wrote, seems that "just" the remote is the problem:

https://www.dji.com/simulator/info
2019-5-3
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 5-3 08:03
Like I wrote, seems that "just" the remote is the problem:

https://www.dji.com/simulator/info

Yup. let's hope DJI Gets around to adding Spark Remote support soon!  I have a new, beast of a system that will have no issues running it, so it would be nice to play with.
2019-5-3
Use props
djiuser_YXsOz4J8ntnt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169885 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-4-29 14:00
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Simulator can't be used in Mac computers and it's currently supporting Windows computer only. You may refer to the link below for further details about the flight simulator. In addition, we don't have the exact time frame when will be the DJI Simulator will be compatible with MAC IOS. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Im really confused.  My understanding was that dji built its software around Apple first and formost.  Or is it just the Iphone is beter suited to dji Go?

Is this simulator different then the one in dji Assistant?
2020-2-3
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Nearly a year since this post and no update. Really disappointed as I have a Mac which i can’t boot camp and had expected to see a Mac app for flight simulator by now.

I tried running a virtual machine on my Mac with Virtual Box but the specs cannot be built high enough for the flight sims requirements.
2020-2-5
Use props
rudva
lvl.1
United States

oxid8ter Posted at 2-5 13:47
Nearly a year since this post and no update. Really disappointed as I have a Mac which i can’t boot camp and had expected to see a Mac app for flight simulator by now.

I tried running a virtual machine on my Mac with Virtual Box but the specs cannot be built high enough for the flight sims requirements.

Yeah me too, is kind a disappoint. I just don't understand how do not develop this simulator for iOS. I'm not going to buy a windows device just for this.

This kind of brand decision makes you wonder: There is time to look for other brand?
2020-2-6
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

I ended up freeing space on my Mac so I could run boot camp. The issue is that then you need to license windows just so that you can use this simulator.

After all of the effort I went to, I’m not even convinced it is that great. There is a lot of lag between the controller and the app.
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_YXsOz4J8ntnt Posted at 2-3 13:15
Im really confused.  My understanding was that dji built its software around Apple first and formost.  Or is it just the Iphone is beter suited to dji Go?

Is this simulator different then the one in dji Assistant?

Hi, thank you for your response. The DJI flight simulator software is different from the one with the DJI Assistant 2, the DJI Simulator software has the latest function and also added more advance feature. However, this is only available for Windows as of the moment. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-8
Use props
CrunchyChris
lvl.2

United States

I would love to have that as I only own a mac, but I think the quality and frame rate would really be there.
2020-2-16
Use props
KegAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53835 ft
United Kingdom

Is this still the case. Almost I year on and no version for the MAC? Is it possible to run simulator under Bluestacks running on a MAC?
2020-3-27
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

KegAir Posted at 3-27 06:27
Is this still the case. Almost I year on and no version for the MAC? Is it possible to run simulator under Bluestacks running on a MAC?

why would you use a mac for that??
2020-4-4
Use props
KegAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53835 ft
United Kingdom

darkfull1 Posted at 4-4 08:42
why would you use a mac for that??

i do not have a windows machine ...
2020-6-21
Use props
d4md.prodgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244344 ft
United States

So any word about the Mac version ?
Its been a year since this post. Can i install windows on my mac then run the Sim?
Thanks..
2020-6-21
Use props
NR_Africa
New
Kenya

d4md.prodgmail.com Posted at 6-21 15:20
So any word about the Mac version ?
Its been a year since this post. Can i install windows on my mac then run the Sim?
Thanks..

I'm also wondering the same? Mavic 2 Pro simulator for Mac?? Thanks!
2020-11-1
Use props
DrMedDenRasen
New

Austria

This is really disappointing. DJI drones are sold in apple stores, however, there is no Mac version of the simulator????? That doesn‘t make sense to us users.

It would be just fine if there was a simulator mode in the DJI Fly App itself. So it would work with the dji controller, but you could see the drone on the iphone.
2020-12-28
Use props
Neojentenfodge
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-8 15:01
Hi, thank you for your response. The DJI flight simulator software is different from the one with the DJI Assistant 2, the DJI Simulator software has the latest function and also added more advance feature. However, this is only available for Windows as of the moment. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Dji drones are not cheap and after buying one and finding out afterwards that I can’t use the flight simulator on my mac is ridiculous! And very disappointing.
2021-1-3
Use props
Fleetwoodblack
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Come on DJI lets have that MAC simulator its been far too long now
2021-1-5
Use props
tevfikret
New
Flight distance : 12257 ft
Turkey

Dear DJI,
We love you. Please don't disappoint us.
Now mid-2021 and we are still waiting for the MAC OS version within the first flush of passion.
2021-7-22
Use props
rudva
lvl.1
United States

tevfikret Posted at 7-22 11:39
Dear DJI,
We love you. Please don't disappoint us.
Now mid-2021 and we are still waiting for the MAC OS version within the first flush of passion.

Sad eh?
I think they don't even read our posts... too bad for customer experience.
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_erHut1azoi9U
New

Belgium

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. As of the time being, the DJI Simulator can't be used in Mac computers and it's currently supporting Windows computer only. You may refer to the link below for further details about the flight simulator. In addition, we don't have the exact time frame when will be the DJI Simulator will be compatible with MAC IOS. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

even in 2022 it's not possible on mac??? this is disappointing.
2022-6-2
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

ahaha almost 2023 and still no Mac version for the simulator, any excuse made invalid at this point.
2022-8-30
Use props
WampW Studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197441 ft
Australia

I am so disappointed that there is no MacOS version of the DJI flight simulator. I am sure they could port the windows version easily, there must be some issue between DJI and Apple maybe? DJI is letting down a lot of creative professionals who are largely Mac based by not porting this app to MacOS. Come on DJI please get your act together and make this happen!!
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_FBSS41SPUzQs
New

United States

Until then I can give you some tips. My iPhone 13 Pro Max let’s me download the Dji flight simulator for free. You can also find free ones online or to download! (I prefer the Dji one though)
2022-9-18
Use props
djiuser_FBSS41SPUzQs
New

United States

Until then I can give you some tips. My iPhone 13 Pro Max let’s me download the Dji flight simulator for free. You can also find free ones online or to download! (I prefer the Dji one though)
2022-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules