1191 9 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still debating to send back my 6 month old Mavic Pro due to the Quality! What are your thoughts on this mini videos I shot @ the Skyway Bridge!

2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day FLPilotShark. Thank you for posting this amazing aerial video you have captured using your DJI Mavic Pro. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-4-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looked ok to me!
2019-4-29
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome footage
2019-4-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nice footage
2019-4-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice footage
2019-4-30
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you liked the first teaser, take a look at this one! I know some of this video is blown out with saturation but did NOT use any LUTS or Color grading to it! I am just learning now how to color grade videos and work with different Lut's settings, which can be tricky and time-consuming.  I was pretty far out there according to my AirData app that I use, it said I flew 5,573ft to the middle of the bridge for that image in the middle of the video below.  Those two videos were just straight off my MicroSD card, zero post-production except for stitching them together in iMovie. I am currently learning Final Cut Pro since I only run MAC computers at home.  They seem to work the best with Dji SOFTWARE and equipment, plus, it's just that Macs are all around better platform then your average PC to work on from Music, Producing Music, and I like their software a lot better in my opinion! You have to be a genius to figure out the new Adobe Premier runs! I thought Final Cut Pro is hard to learn, Abobe Premier forget about it. I stick to my goto, like Abobe Lightroom Classic, PolarPro Pro Editor, Photoshop, and currently learning Final Cut Pro for color grading!!! Anyone else uses any programs for color grading that are a little less confusing if there is such a program?  Anyways, I sent my 6 months of Dji Mavic Pro back to Dji since my Photos were coming out very blurry and fuzzy, so Dji told me to do a few things in the GO 4 APP which I did and my Mavic still was taking junkie pictures, so I contacted Dji and got a case number since the Dji Engineers agreed there is something wrong with my camera on the drone. If it's a user error, then they will send an official quote for the repairs which is what I am currently waiting for on. I shipped to there TX Repair facility, so it should not take long for them to diagnose the problem ones they get my drone and start doing tests on it. I am heading out of town for vacation in a month and I wanted to get this done before I leave! Even know the video looks to be ok, the pictures that the drone was taking is not so Dji told me to send it in for a repair or if not I will use one of my Dji Refresh Care Pkgs and have them send me a new replacement which cost 89.00 for your 1st replacement and then on your 2nd replacement it jumps up to $129.99 which is still worth it since the drone is holding its value at around the $900 to $1000.00 range. I just tracked my drone and Dji should have it on Friday of this week. Keeping my finger crossed that it's not something serious.

2019-5-7
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for posting! Nice shots! On the technical side - working with the original Mavic Pro camera does need a bit of work setting it up for it's 'sweet-spot'. I use a combined ND 32/Polarising filter on the camera - particular for such a bright mid day subject - like you have down in the Miami area. More to learn ... but worth it. I think lens focus is also dependent (if in auto) on contrast variations in your filmed scene. I tend to manually set the focus to infinity - auto off. Now I also set shutter to 1/50 and frame rate to 25 (EU/UK nearest to 24fps). Then adjust the ISO so that the highlights are not blown out. If you choose to invest in a set of ND/polarising filters don't go for the cheaper ones made with acrylic/plastic lens 'glass'. Full glass with metal surround is the better option. Also be aware they can be quite fiddly and tight to fix - which is why I leave mine on permanently. Oh and I always shoot in full 4K UHD as you can always down sample in the edit. FCPX is great to edit with and the most recent versions now have a proper (stackable) colour grading interface to work with.
2019-5-7
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 5-7 05:04
Thanks for posting! Nice shots! On the technical side - working with the original Mavic Pro camera does need a bit of work setting it up for it's 'sweet-spot'. I use a combined ND 32/Polarising filter on the camera - particular for such a bright mid day subject - like you have down in the Miami area. More to learn ... but worth it. I think lens focus is also dependent (if in auto) on contrast variations in your filmed scene. I tend to manually set the focus to infinity - auto off. Now I also set shutter to 1/50 and frame rate to 25 (EU/UK nearest to 24fps). Then adjust the ISO so that the highlights are not blown out. If you choose to invest in a set of ND/polarising filters don't go for the cheaper ones made with acrylic/plastic lens 'glass'. Full glass with metal surround is the better option. Also be aware they can be quite fiddly and tight to fix - which is why I leave mine on permanently. Oh and I always shoot in full 4K UHD as you can always down sample in the edit. FCPX is great to edit with and the most recent versions now have a proper (stackable) colour grading interface to work with.

I shot this video using a PolarPro ND8/PL Cinema series filter FYI!

Also, I just sent my drone back to Dji since my MP was not taking and filming fuzzy and blurry type shots and now wonder why my images were coming out terrible! Per Dji, here is there quote they sent me, I have decided to use one of my  DJI Care Refresh, so the will be sending me a drone! The 1st replacement that they don't tell you about is 79.99 and then your second replacement is 129.99. I guess it's better than buying a brand new one for $1000.00 bucks or so.

Customer n
Case No.
Quotation Date
2019-May-15
Remarks: Dear Customer After carrying out the damage assessment, we found Non-warranty damage; Midframe damaged. Unfortunately, the damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. The damage was not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit

Item List:
Middle Frame Module
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 4.00
Total Price: 4.00

Upper Cover
Net Price : 1.00
Total Price: 1.00

Gimbal and Camera Module
Net Price : 101.00
Total Price: 101.00
Repair Service Fee
Quantity: 2
Net Price: 65.00
Total Price: 130.00
Shipping Cost: $0.00
Total Amount: $236.00
or
If you want to replace your product for $ 79.00

with DJI Care Refresh , Please click "Use Care Refresh" to apply.

2019-5-12
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

*** UPDATE ***
Ok, I want to give everyone an update who is following along in my thread I started b/c my 6-month-old Mavic Pro was taking terrible pictures.  Per Dji, I sent back my Mavic Pro and they sent me an official quote on the damages which I needed a new gimbal and camera! After they diagnosed my Drone, Dji gave me two options, pay the 250..00 or pay for a replacement! Long story short my new MP is on the way and already has shipped out! I have not heard much of how Superior Dji Customer service is, its unreal and to be honest it's better then Apples! I almost wonder if Apple and Dji have something to do with each other! If you look at how apple websites platform its the same as Dji. No wonder why they charge more for there products bc there customer service is Excellent AND THEY ARE ON top of your updates through the entire process! I sent my drone in on 5/12 and I already have a tracking number for my replacement and will have it back in the air on 5/16 if all goes well. Fingers crossed.

2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules