Anybody flying in the rain?
17221 14 2019-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Headcase81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 665965 ft
Denmark

Alot of videos on YouTube from "phantom rain" wet suits, any experiences? Does anybody know an other brand working the same concept?
2019-4-29
Use props
Amershaman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12822 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure what you are referring to.  Can you post a link?  As far as I know the Mavic 2 is most definitely not waterproof, nor even water resistant - so flying in the rain is not recommended.
2019-4-29
Use props
TrippleDelta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Splash drone is waterproof.
2019-4-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic's are surprisingly quite resistant to water as I have been caught out by an unexpected rain shower whilst flying with no problems flying the drone back safely. That said, it is highly unadvisable to fly these drones in the rain given that they are electronic devices that are not certified as resistant to water and are definitely not waterproof and the batteries must never get wet! Don't know about you but I would never sit on a park bench in the rain and start typing on my MacBook, even with a wetsuit on it...
2019-4-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

https://www.phantomrain.org/
2019-4-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

ff22 Posted at 4-30 06:53

Thank you for posting the link.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Headcase81. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information with regards to this inquiry.  Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Drones are not waterproof. Operating the said drone in rain can damage the drone itself. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-30
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-30 08:19
Hello and good day Headcase81. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information with regards to this inquiry.  Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Drones are not waterproof. Operating the said drone in rain can damage the drone itself. Have a safe and happy flying always.

It says on their home page that you guys helped in the making of the suit they did for p4, did you help on the suit for m2 as well?
2019-5-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never fly in weather anything considered inclement and feel this would be hazardous to the drone?
2019-5-1
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

I use the wetsuit for my mavic, I have used it since I brought it..

Whilst I don’t use it so I can fly in the rain, I use it when I get caught in it..

Legal issue aside, my mavic can be a few kms away at times, and where I live it can be sun where I stand and rain 100meters away..

I’ve been caught badly once or twice in heavy tropical rain, a believe these wetsuits are the reason I still have my mavics..

However, they do effect both flight stability and battery life, both depends on conditions.. but it would take a good 2-3 mins of your flight time
2019-5-1
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

ff22 Posted at 4-30 06:53

I wonder if the prop/motor covers affect the motor cooling by blocking the airflow?
It does look like a nice accessory though, even if one does not plan to deliberately fly in the rain
2019-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have flown in the rain with my MP.
No issues at all.
BUT
I would not recommend that.
This was just because it was a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity and I felt I HAD to take my chance.
The big downside is that the footage does not look as good, especially when drops hit the lens.
2019-5-1
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Be careful to not crying in the rain
2019-5-2
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.3
Denmark

Thank you guys, the main reason for me is that I'm worried each time I do flights to surf on top of the skies, each time I descend dew catches on to the drone, if its just a gimmick it an expensive one. Think I'm gonna try it though, happy flying.
2019-5-3
Use props
djiuser_8shEUT75BnWH
New

United States

What about the motors?   They are still out in it driving rain into themselves.  I will acknowledge it is not like getting the body wet but I guarantee it will cause them issues eventually.
2021-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules