Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Winter 2018/2019: Austrian Alps
1037 9 2019-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dynamoog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571237 ft
Austria

Hey Guys!

I finally managed to finish my Winter Movie, before summer drops in.
Everything was filmed in the Area of Salzburg/Austria over the whole Winter-Seasion with my Mavic 2 Pro.

I´m still struggeling a bit with  Final Cut Pro, but I´m improving constantly and slowly getting there.

I hope you Enjoy!

2019-4-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning footage
2019-4-30
Use props
TakeFlite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Awesome footage, always wanted to get something like this myself but never had the opportunity through regulations etc. Just wondering how your mavic held up in the cold weather (and if anyone else has flown sub 0 with a mavic pro what it's like) and what kind of temperatures you were flying in.

Again great footage, thanks for sharing!
2019-4-30
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Great job!
2019-4-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome footage, very nice view!
2019-4-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done
2019-4-30
Use props
Trikke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2513406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

stunning scenery from a lovely country
2019-4-30
Use props
dynamoog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571237 ft
Austria

TakeFlite Posted at 4-30 02:34
Awesome footage, always wanted to get something like this myself but never had the opportunity through regulations etc. Just wondering how your mavic held up in the cold weather (and if anyone else has flown sub 0 with a mavic pro what it's like) and what kind of temperatures you were flying in.

Again great footage, thanks for sharing!

it´s obviousley always easier when you live here.
in this case you just can pick the best conditions and go up there when the weather is good and there´s no wind. even for me it was not easy finding those conditions, it´s superwindy up there 95% of the time. so you have to be lucky.

as i see youre from australia.
also i would like to go there and fly in some other areas then here. a different envoirement is always more exciting then your home i guess. so i think that´s an issue everybody deals with.

the cold wasn´t an issue for the drone. i always made sure that the batteries were warm and kept them in my pocket until the start. the only thing that was affected by the cold was my phone. but i switched to the smart controller recently, so absolutely no problems with temperatures below zero. the lowest was about -8°C, as far as i remember.
2019-5-1
Use props
TakeFlite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

dynamoog Posted at 5-1 22:36
it´s obviousley always easier when you live here.
in this case you just can pick the best conditions and go up there when the weather is good and there´s no wind. even for me it was not easy finding those conditions, it´s superwindy up there 95% of the time. so you have to be lucky.

Yes definitely living in there is advantage when trying to get those shots. I love my skiing so hoping to find a place that will also allow drones and hope for a good day. Certainly don't get much in the way of snow in Australia either. You're right as well in saying that a change in environment is one of the bigger struggles in flying a drone because you don't always have the opportunity or time either to try capturing in different light/settings.

Very promising too about the drone still performing in the cold.

Thanks for the help!
2019-5-2
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Awesome footage. Getting buzzed by that bird at 1:30 looked like a scene from Top Gun. Scene at 5:30 is spectacular. Thanks for sharing
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules