DJI GO 4 update question
1246 10 2019-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hourglass
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320564 ft
United States

Almost 2 weeks ago there was a DJI GO 4 app update available (April 19th) for my iPhone. It contained a dual-remote control mode for the Mavic drones (I have a Spark). I think I remember seeing a thread here in the forums stating that after downloading the update, some users were having issues effecting the Spark drones. I can't seem to locate the thread, and nobody has mentioned anything more about the app update, its benefits, or any problems associated with it. I have not yet applied the update to my iPhone for my Spark (no real need since it's for Mavic flyers). Anybody else perform the DJI Go update and have any related issues with their Spark? Was this mentioned here in the forums? Just want to make sure before I apply the update to my phone. Thanks.
2019-4-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Dont mess with a working app. In special b/c it is difficult to switch back on iOS.
2019-4-30
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

Updated mine recently on iOS, I had a one flight since then, no issues.
2019-4-30
Use props
jrhoffman75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32989 ft
United States

There was a bug fix issued two days ago (Ver, 4.3.17) for the iOS version. No info provided on what was fixed.
2019-4-30
Use props
alubmana
lvl.3
United States

I saw that update too. I haven't done it yet, but I think there was a newer update released more recently. The only thing mentioned in the description for this newer update is "Bug fix". I haven't run that update either. Does anybody have more specific information? Is it safe?
2019-4-30
Use props
hourglass
lvl.4
United States

jrhoffman75 Posted at 4-30 04:47
There was a bug fix issued two days ago (Ver, 4.3.17) for the iOS version. No info provided on what was fixed.

Strange, I haven't seen that bug-fix update yet on my iPhone. I still show the 4.3.16 version. I am definitely waiting a while before I download any app update. Thanks for the info for the iOS bug fix - I knew I had seen something posted in the forums about this.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The latest DJI GO 4 app version for iOS should be DJI GO 4 V4.3.17 and in any case that there will be an additional feature that has been added in a specific drone, the other drones that support the same platform should not be affected. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum who are using the same device and DJI GO 4 app version. Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-30
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

What issues? I always update and no problems at all. Your idea that the app update only affects the mavic is incorrect.
2019-4-30
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

your idea that the update is only for magic fliers is incorrect.  The update works perfectly well.
2019-4-30
Use props
hourglass
lvl.4
United States

Stinger1 Posted at 4-30 13:52
your idea that the update is only for magic fliers is incorrect.  The update works perfectly well.

The 4.3.16  update didn't work perfectly well, otherwise they would not have  released a fix for "bug issues" in the 4.3.17 version 3 days ago. The original update specified in the description that it was for the Mavic (dual flying). Now that DJI identified bugs and have released a fix/update, I assume it is now working fine for all fliers, including those that had issues with their Spark drones.
2019-4-30
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

No problem for me on Android with both the Spark and Mavic 2, works as it should.
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules