Change DJI Mimo Save location
12Next >
30423 53 2019-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balsingh84
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Not sure if this is yet possible, but can you change the save location for your downloaded videos through the Mimo app?If not, can this be taken as a feature suggestion so that we can download the videos into our chosen folder, even an SD card directly.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. After editing videos in DJI Mimo, tap the icon in the upper right corner of the screen to generate the video, after the video is saved a “Video Saved” prompt will be displayed.
Storage Path
iOS: Phones’ photo album.
Android: Files-Internal Storage-DCIM-DJI MIMO.

We will check the inquiry if we could possibly change the save location for downloaded files through the Mimo app, however, if this process would not be possible then we could consider this suggestion and forward it to our designated department. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-30
Use props
Fonzman
lvl.1

Please make this possible! In the DJI GO app one could choose the save location. Please add this feature to DJI MIMO also!!
2019-9-14
Use props
djiuser_cQiVzV1bN8zr
lvl.1

This would be very much appreciated. As my phones internal storage is limited I would very much rather my videos/photos be saved to the 512GB microSD card I bought for this specific reason.
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_klt4OIxNJ4tR
New

Okay,  so, please clarify here... I paid a bunch of money for a video recording device to record 4k videos, that completely dismisses my storage path on my phone and (by default) will use the internal storage of my phone and I cannot change where it saves my files?  Is that what's going on here?
2019-10-1
Use props
djiuser_klt4OIxNJ4tR
New

I'm not even sure how I can be notified if this question is answered.
2019-10-1
Use props
djiuser_klt4OIxNJ4tR
New

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 10:17
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. After editing videos in DJI Mimo, tap the icon in the upper right corner of the screen to generate the video, after the video is saved a “Video Saved” prompt will be displayed.
Storage Path

Do you have any plans to change the app so that the mimo settings don't automatically save files in the internal storage if the user's device? This is a very poor flaw in the current settings
2019-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_klt4OIxNJ4tR Posted at 10-2 11:28
Do you have any plans to change the app so that the mimo settings don't automatically save files in the internal storage if the user's device? This is a very poor flaw in the current settings

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. I'll consider this as a suggestion and forward it our designated department for attention. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.
2019-10-3
Use props
fansb69dd6f8
New

My internal memory is not large and I want the videos to be saved directly to SD card. But with FJI Mimo it is impossible! Please do it!
2019-10-4
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer

Seems to me that the stuff is already being saved to the SD card.

I always offload my images and video long after my phone has been disconnected.

Unless I purposely download, using the method described in reply #2, I never see anything on the phone itself.
2019-10-4
Use props
Matt U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096224 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would also much appropriate. Just buy an OSMO 3 and the Mimo App can not write the footage to the SD card? That really a shame
2019-10-18
Use props
NLPhoto
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-30 10:17
Storage Path

Please add the option to save to SD card.   As everyone else as said, our internal phone storage is very limited so we need SD card as an option.  Thanks.
2019-11-7
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

NLPhoto Posted at 11-7 13:37
Please add the option to save to SD card.   As everyone else as said, our internal phone storage is very limited so we need SD card as an option.  Thanks.

I solved all my iPhone storage problems with one of these: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-i ... Phone/dp/B01CIEBU22
2019-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NLPhoto Posted at 11-7 13:37

Hi, we do appreciate sharing your idea with us! No worries, this would be forwarded to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your support!
2019-11-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Am I missing something?

All my images, and clips, are saved to the on board micro SD card.

If it was to fill, I could always eject it and mount another.
2019-11-15
Use props
Erik Robertson
New

United States

Yes Please add the ability to store video to an external sd card to the DJI Mimo software I love this feature in the previous DJI software Io was using
2019-11-25
Use props
romko1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3904 ft
Slovakia

Hi, today I bought the DJI Osmo mobile 3 and I am disappointed that in the application there is no choice of saving video / photo to SD card.
2019-12-6
Use props
serstovik
New

Moldova

The same story for me guys, today is Dec 20, 2019, I bought the Osmo mobile 3, installed Mimo app, and wow - I can't change the location for the video files ?? It's a HUGE PROBLEM, you have to resolve it with the closest update.

Thanks
2019-12-20
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Duplicate Post
2019-12-20
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

serstovik@gmail.com Posted at 12-20 02:42
The same story for me guys, today is Dec 20, 2019, I bought the Osmo mobile 3, installed Mimo app, and wow - I can't change the location for the video files ?? It's a HUGE PROBLEM, you have to resolve it with the closest update.

Thanks

Don't have the Osmo Mobile 3 (this is the Osmo Pocket forum).

However, I don't believe that there is any other place to store your files, other than your phone.  If this loads up your phone's memory, you can always transfer the files to another storage device.

For iPhones, Sandisk's "iXpand" works great.
2019-12-20
Use props
serstovik
New

Moldova

Curt1591 Posted at 12-20 03:08
Don't have the Osmo Mobile 3 (this is the Osmo Pocket forum).

However, I don't believe that there is any other place to store your files, other than your phone.  If this loads up your phone's memory, you can always transfer the files to another storage device.

All that I can do, just use my internal phone memory, but I can't save files to SD- Card, it's a nonsense for me. It's kinda basic fundamental thing. How can I make 4k videos with 20gb of free space on my phone??? Why I can't use my 512GB SD-card on the phone and have to replace each video manually to it, just to get some space for the new video?

It's .........

2019-12-20
Use props
fanseaa83cd7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Everyone here including me is concerned about this issue about not being able to change the save location BEFORE the video is shot. I'm on my 5th DJI product and I would like to see these changes ASAP
2019-12-28
Use props
stevefoobar
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-3 14:13
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. I'll consider this as a suggestion and forward it our designated department for attention. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.

PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE ASAP! It's absurd that videos can only be recorded to the very limited amount of internal memory on many phones! This makes the app almost useless.
2019-12-30
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

stevefoobar Posted at 12-30 17:36
PLEASE MAKE THIS CHANGE ASAP! It's absurd that videos can only be recorded to the very limited amount of internal memory on many phones! This makes the app almost useless.

YUP!

After 8 months of these requests, those caps should do the trick!
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_CPxmwFxzaFJq
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-10-3 14:13

HOW THE F**K did you NOT put this in?!?  What are you guys doing at DJI to not consider this?!
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_CPxmwFxzaFJq
New

Australia

I think I'm gonna get a refund.  This device is a piece of S**T!
2020-1-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Pocket records to its own SD card by default.  You can I think set the Mimo app to have the recordings made to the phone's internal memory, but I doubt whether many people do that.
2020-1-2
Use props
Rob1964b
New

United Kingdom

Please can you modify the mimo app. So that it is possible to save files to the expansion  memory on my phone. (Main phone memory free space is very limited).
2020-1-12
Use props
bakertesz
New

Romania

Hello. Please can you modify the mimo app. So that it is possible to save files to the expansion  memory on my phone???? I Don't believe it can't resolve this problem more than 8 month ago.
2020-1-24
Use props
MarkDQ
New
Belgium

I bought this yesterday. As I cannot save on my SD card, this device is useless. I have 7 days to return it.
The first post in this thread is dated end of April 2019, that's 10 months ago!
Firstly, I cannot imagine this app was designed to not save on the sd card.
Secondly, what a respect for customers, nothing changed after 10 months.
Is DJI a company "get the money and run away"?
2020-2-1
Use props
djiuser_lyajKBCcrZJ7
New

Vietnam

Sh*t. If I knew this issue, I wouldn't buy OSMO mobile 3 combo.
2020-5-27
Use props
LuisBeto
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-10-3 14:13

I'm really disappointed about this, i don't have many space in the Galaxy 7 internal storage, this app could let us choice where to save the videos... I have my 64 Gb free SD card (4K Ready) and I can't use it with the DJI Mimo app.
Also this mobile can film at 60 fps but the app only give 30!
You should work on this quickly so the customers (all in here) have paid for a "Not cheap Quality Product" So put your hands and brains into work.
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_IISgI5Qqbi7d
New

United Kingdom

This definitely need to be a thing, doesn't even need to be to SD card just let us change the file path. I've got autobackup on my whole DCIM /multimedia folder and anything I capture within Mimi isn't backed up. Rookie design flaw.
2020-7-10
Use props
l8QoEDcBclmQ
New
Flight distance : 61339 ft
Canada

Same here. I cannot use my new Osmo3 since I always get a warning saying that my phone is dangerously low on memory space .
Please add the option in Mimo to select where the media is saved, so we can select an SD card.
Thank you.
2020-9-30
Use props
RyanBorger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310892 ft
United States

This is such an annoying hassle.  FFS just change it so you can save from the Osmo pocket, to the phone or tablet SD card.  Tablet I use has 30gb internal, I have 256gb external SD card, and have to constantly try to reduce tablet internal files to make room to do a quick edit. Ffs.
2020-11-17
Use props
RyanBorger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310892 ft
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 2019-12-30 20:10
YUP!

After 8 months of these requests, those caps should do the trick!

You really had no idea what this thread was about, you were full on confused.  Osmo pocket, has an SD card. You record to that initially. If you want to edit files, you must download FROM the sd card on the pocket, to your phone or tablet.  The Dji mimo software does not allow you to download from the Osmo pocket, directly to your larger phone or tablet SD card, but only to internal storage.  Which is 30GB on my tablet I use, while I have 256GB external storage.   Which causes the user to have to try to move non dji files on their phone and tablet to their external storage, in order to make room to have space to download from the Pocket, to your phone or tablet.  Do you get it now?  

You were so confused, then go after someone for using caplocks, while having no idea what is even going on.   Jfc..
2020-11-17
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I have a pretty good grip on what the thread is about. Many others seem to think that whining and moaning, often enough, will bring DJI to its senses. This "issue" seems to be a spit in the ocean compared to many others DJI has seemingly ignored.

Might I suggest pulling on some big boy pants and suck it up?  
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_h6TafJFkI7kv
New

United States

Same problem with my Galaxy and SD card. Just got my new Mobile 3, utterly useless to save to phone memory rather than SD card. Braindead but pejoratives don't help. DJI, what is the big deal? Just default to the phone's own video default storage settings.
2020-11-27
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

This was first brought up over 1.5 years ago. I'm sure an update is just around the corner ...
2020-11-27
Use props
ChoiceGrapX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 641677 ft
United States

This is a shame, all of the Osmo 3 users complain about not being able to change the path for recording video files to their phones external SD card. I have the OSMO 4 and still that option has not been addressed?
2020-12-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules