Change DJI Mimo Save location
30562 53 2019-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

They still haven't addressed it? That's surprising.
2020-12-8
Use props
keltik85
New

Germany

You fucking DJI software devs.

I am a software developer myself.

Your mothers should be ashamed that they gave birth to you: Are you too stupid to set the saving location for 2 fucking years?
2021-1-26
Use props
fans8e437c07
New

Canada

Please fix this. This is a big flaw in the product.
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_P9f7bjNM51Uv
lvl.1
Yemen

Dear DJI management,

respected people

I'm really disappointed about this, I don't have many space in the LG V30 internal storage, this app could let us choice where to save the videos... I have my 256 Gb free SD card (4K Ready) and I can't use it with the DJI Mimo app. Also this mobile can film at 4K 30 fps but the app only give Full HD 30! . I wish You try work on this quickly so the customers (all in here) have paid for a "Not cheap Quality Product" I hope to take customer notes and complaints seriously, because this is the reason for supporting other products and paying attention to the opinions of customers and users. Thank you for your time in reading the complaints and suggestions of customers and users.
2021-5-14
Use props
fansdf0a2f27
New
Flight distance : 10400 ft
Netherlands

I've just bought the OM4 and realized the storage location cannot be changed to the SD card. This is really disappointing specially 2 years after so many users asked for it. Someone in DJI really listening to their customers?
I consider to return it.
2021-6-25
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

keltik85 Posted at 1-26 08:42
You fucking DJI software devs.

I am a software developer myself.

As an accomplished software developer, why not do like Black Magic has done for other lacking video devices and develop software that fulfills all the lacking essentials. You'll be rich!
2021-6-25
Use props
KingDavido
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2019-4-30 10:17
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. After editing videos in DJI Mimo, tap the icon in the upper right corner of the screen to generate the video, after the video is saved a “Video Saved” prompt will be displayed.
Storage Path
iOS: Phones’ photo album.

Hi, Last week I bought the new DJI OM5 for use with my Samsung S7 Edge. I've been learning to use it but found that the internal memory which is only 32gb, mostly filled with apps and only has 3gb left, is filling up fast.

I have read multiple threads talking about this and replies from DJI have responded with faulse info about setting phones to default the micro SD card save, but none of this works and many people have said this does not work.

So I ask for an update on this situation. Is there a way to set the DI Mimo app to save to the sd card and not the internal memory? If this is not possible I will have no option to return my gimbal as it does not allow me to make longer videos.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
2021-12-5
Use props
getchoo
lvl.1

France

Hi all,

Clearly, since all this time, they just don't give a *** about this minimum function, and so their customers. I'm a developer and add a parameter for the save directory, and report this new variable everywhere it is accessed from (and not a lot in the case of this app) is nothing complicated, or even difficult. They surely should have thought about this in the first version ! I don't even understand how it is possible to create such an app which will manipulate big files, without prevent this.. Wake up dev team !!

Thanks not to reply, but fix this.
2022-1-14
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

why do you all want to save your videos on the device when you can upload them to the public site where China and the rest of the world can see them before you editing any private things out?
2022-10-18
Use props
djiuser_oTNtu7vTuUHt
Flight distance : 315925 ft

Spain

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. After editing videos in DJI Mimo, tap the icon in the upper right corner of the screen to generate the video, after the video is saved a “Video Saved” prompt will be displayed.
Storage Path

I have no such save location on my samsung s21.
I can see my recorded files on my phone,.but they have vanishes whwn i plug into my pc!!???? WHERE ARE THEY????
2023-1-19
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258527 ft
Canada

I totally agree. Choice of file location is #1! This is a simple addition. This app is close to useless as is because of this.
2023-3-27
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 2020-11-17 23:16
I have a pretty good grip on what the thread is about. Many others seem to think that whining and moaning, often enough, will bring DJI to its senses. This "issue" seems to be a spit in the ocean compared to many others DJI has seemingly ignored.

Might I suggest pulling on some big boy pants and suck it up?

Wow what a p-poor attitude! I have 3 DJI drones, and an Action 3. I have my big boy pants on and support the company.  Reasonable improvement requests should be considered and if warranted acted upon. I'm totally in agreement that storage locations need to be offered. I try and edit a file and am told insufficient space. My SD card is 92% open.
2023-3-27
Use props
Steve Hayward
lvl.1
Canada

Storage Path

This really needs to be done. This is an easy software update.
2023-3-27
Use props
djiuser_HA0Sk3l7r684
New

United Kingdom

So here we are, nearly 3 years after the original request to allow changing the Mimo app storage location and still this basic change has not been made.
Please add me to the ever growing list of dji users who want this change a.s.a.p..
I have tried editing a downloaded file on my Samsung S10, using the Mimo app. I try to export the file, but all I get is "Export Failed". The same happens if I try editing and exporting the file on the pocket 2 itself.
This really isn't good enough dji!

2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules