bypass geofencing for law enforcement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottPlude
lvl.1
United States

Hi folks,
I have been contacted by a local law enforcement agency to do some work for them but I am concerned I may run into some geofencing issues. Is there a way to bypass these restrictions when flying for law enforcement? I have an inspire 1 and spark that are both used in that capacity.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ScottPlude. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter. Please send an email to flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you further. Congratulations on the said work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-30
Use props
ScottPlude
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-30 14:54
Hello and good day ScottPlude. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. With regards to this matter. Please send an email to  for us to be able to help you further. Congratulations on the said work and thank you for your valued support.

thank you, email sent.
2019-4-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ScottPlude Posted at 4-30 15:26
thank you, email sent.

You are very much welcome ScottPlude. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-30
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

No offense, but a chinese toy drone company (owned by the chinese gov't, mind you) has no place being used for official duties of other nations governments. Sure, it's easy, but we can do better than that.
2019-5-1
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Scott, what kind of work? I know law enforcement stuff. Are you a law enforcement officer? I would be VERY careful if I were you!!!!! This sounds fishy. Now that SUAVs are so inexpensive even the rinky dink Fire and Police departments in my area, and across the most rural areas of the US are already using them.  Do you have your part107 remote pilot cert? You may also want to increase your personal liability insurance in case any lawsuits arise. Safety First! Ken.
2019-5-5
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

One word:
Verifly...
https://www.verifly.com/drone/
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now