Phantom RTK returns to home at 38% battery
974 4 2019-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hardrone
lvl.4

India

Hello,

I  am seeking some settings help related to Phantom 4 RTK Drone.

I do fly my Phantom 4 RTK Drone with DRTK 2 Mobile station station set. I have set my Phantom 4 RTK drone "Return to Home" at 20% battery level. Still it automatically Returns to Home at 34, 35 or sometimes even 38% of battery. I can understand that it will be applying some calculations of battery usage with respect to the distance required to be travelled to reach home. But this happens even when it is at the distance of 200 meters. When it lands, it is like 28% of the battery is remaining, as a result it reduces the total flight time and disturbs our flight plan schedules.

If someone can help out with this, it would be better.

Thanks in advance.
2019-4-30
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

How windy was it?

I did some flights this past Saturday and the winds were 11 mph with gusts over 20 mph. The high wind warning came on the controller and at 24% it RTH. Normally it lands at 18%, but Sat. it RTH at 24% and only had to fly 300 feet to the landing site. I think the issue is the high winds cause the drone to error on the safe side and land sooner.
2019-5-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Be sure you begin at 100% battery.
2019-5-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

See above post.  Post some flight logs from this site if you want and we can take a look:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-5-1
Use props
djiuser_0Mbau9zo8tXP
lvl.2
United States

Is there any more information on this? We just got the 4 RTK and I've been flying test missions. I was out this morning. No wind warnings but at 24% it ended my mission early and returned to home some 400 feet away. Landed with about 21% left in the battery.
2021-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules