CAA proposed drone registration charge
837 5 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

The CAA (regulatory body in the UK) are proposing a £16.50 annual charge for drone registration (over 250g), they are taking feedback on this currently; I suggest you have your say.

https://consultations.caa.co.uk/finance/drone-registration/

BBC article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48108817

''A similar registration scheme in France is free, in the US costs $5 (£3.84) and in Ireland costs €5 (£4.31). But the CAA says these schemes are part, or wholly, subsidised by the taxpayer.''
2019-5-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this interesting article with us. Great find. Should you have concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-1
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

5.00 for Canada
2019-5-1
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Submitted my objection to the charges.
Information is already collected by DJI and alike and if anything DJI registration already collects this ok information along with flight logs.
It seems it's simply a duplication and an excuse to charge hobby drone operators a fee.
Anyone who wishes to break the law aren't going to even bother with the registration.
2019-5-1
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

dronieuk Posted at 5-1 12:51
Submitted my objection to the charges.
Information is already collected by DJI and alike and if anything DJI registration already collects this ok information along with flight logs.
It seems it's simply a duplication and an excuse to charge hobby drone operators a fee.

Yup, essentially another stealth tax.

I've no objection to registering but at £16.50 a year for nought it's a joke, if they provided liability insurance or something for it then it would be easier to swallow but when you look at the rest of the world the amount it laughable.
2019-5-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also submitted my objections to the cost - especially when compared to other countries.
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules