flight speed in low light conditions
602 1 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trooper1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26611 ft
United States

I flew a P4 Pro multi battery, large area, Map Pilot app grid mapping mission early in the morning, with over cast conditions. The P4 would only fly, taking automatic pictures, at the slow speed of 4.5 MPH. A blur amount of approx. 1 inch was reported by the telemetry. As the natural lighting increased, the P4 still maintained a speed of 4.5 MPH, although it would fly 30 MPH when it stopped taking pics and flew in for a battery change on automatic. Later, after I way better daylight, with partial over cast, lighting, I flew a diff map pilot mission and the P4 flew an auto speed of 9 MPH. Question: what settings could I have changed to achieve a compromise: accept a little more blur for faster automatic flight speed?
2019-5-1
Use props
trooper1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26611 ft
United States

I determined that there is a setting in the map pilot app: adjust speed for lighting  that is set to ON as default. I'll do some testing, with this setting OFF in low light to see how big a hit to the resolution I take.  I'm still hoping someone in the DJI community will give me  some tips I might use for early morning lighting camera settings in the dji go or map pilot apps
2019-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules