Fly-aways and Manual mode
981 6 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

Having suffered one fly-away. and having sent off my bird for a repair estimate from the vendors, I'm wondering if enabling full manual in Naza-m would help avoid future problems.  Has anyone tried this, and if so, what were the results?
2015-6-7
Use props
sdtag
lvl.1

United States

I tried manual mode last Sunday and crashed.  My first time trying manual mode and my first crash.
I was 30 feet up over grass. As soon as I went into manual mode it dropped almost 10 feet before I got it back up.
I hit the roll stick to the left and OMG, it turned on it's side and went down. 30 feet wasn't enough room to try this. Next time I'll try it at 200 or 300 feet.
The sticks are very touchy in manual mode.
Then I had a realization: if and when I get into trouble I am supposed to go to manual mode and fly out of trouble. Yeah right. I'll crash and burn for sure.
I need to practice manual mode.

2015-6-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I think once the flight controller locks up there is no communication with the transmitter, no matter what mode you are in.
2015-6-7
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

Your best bet would be to put it in Atti. mode and hope its the GPS causing the "flyaway" At least in Atti. mode you dont have to worry about your altitude, like you do in manual mode
2015-6-7
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-8 01:56
Your best bet would be to put it in Atti. mode and hope its the GPS causing the "flyaway" At least i ...

Evil Knieval wind up bike, love it
2015-6-7
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-6-8 02:50
Evil Knieval wind up bike, love it

I use to have one.
2015-6-7
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

We are all gamblers. We gamble every day we fly. With electronics that is just the way it is Totally unpredictable and at best we hope for a return every flight. None of us really knows what causes a fly a way and neither does DJI. I can tell you most definitely it's a loss of communications with the flight controller and its onboard computer. Same as if we were in a strange town or city and without GPS or maps for guideance we'll run in circle or get lost and don't know where we are going. The bird is no differences. When that communications is lost so is the bird. Until it happens to us, keep flying and enjoy you gambleing.
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules