NEW D-RTK 2 "User Manual"!!!
21448 89 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-14 22:42
35 minutes of observations to do the PPP seems a bit short to me. Did you try to make a 35 minutes observation and a longer one without moving the antenna? To see if there is a big difference.

From experience doing OBS this short, you shouldn't expect anything better than +/- 15cm.

The antenna should not be moved. This are some reports with drtk2.
The last one is not DRTK2, is a reference station with 2 hours obs. This antenna station only record GPS and GLONASS instead of DRTK2 that add Galileo and Beidu.

NOT DRTK2:
2023-3-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Guille_Meinero Posted at 3-15 04:05
The antenna should not be moved. This are some reports with drtk2.
The last one is not DRTK2, is a reference station with 2 hours obs. This antenna station only record GPS and GLONASS instead of DRTK2 that add Galileo and Beidu.
[view_image]

Made a mistake pointing sigma (errors).... should be the last three ones
2023-3-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

35 minutes of observations to do the PPP seems a bit short to me. Did you try to make a 35 minutes observation and a longer one without moving the antenna? To see if there is a big difference.

From experience doing OBS this short, you shouldn't expect anything better than +/- 15cm.

Trimble's RTX uses global reference station network, but i could't find where they are... so i think error (or observation time) may vary according to where you are.
They recommend 1h of observations
2023-3-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

sorry i didn't understand you.... by "not moving" you mean to make comparison... no, i dont have that kinf of files.... BUT, what you can do test it is to cut a 1hour rinex observation file and make a test
2023-3-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing all this info, it is always interesting and useful to learn how other folks are using this gear!
2023-3-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Guille_Meinero Posted at 3-15 04:30
sorry i didn't understand you.... by "not moving" you mean to make comparison... no, i dont have that kinf of files.... BUT, what you can do test it is to cut a 1hour rinex observation file and make a test
[view_image]

I will try tomorrow on a known geodetic landmark. I'm going to let the antenna record few hours, at least 4, and split the file as you suggest.
2023-3-15
Use props
Slot Tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

patiam Posted at 3-15 10:41
Thanks for sharing all this info, it is always interesting and useful to learn how other folks are using this gear!

Yes, Thanks to everyone for helping me out. Im a newbie and I always have questions. All of you guys have been great! I enjoy reading all the knowledge you write about this.
2023-3-15
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-15 11:15
I will try tomorrow on a known geodetic landmark. I'm going to let the antenna record few hours, at least 4, and split the file as you suggest.

remember to share with us your results!
2023-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Guille_Meinero Posted at 3-16 12:03

I will not miss it. I didn't have a chance to make a big OBS file today. I had to move the antenna. Tomorrow it should be done.
2023-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Guille_Meinero Posted at 3-16 12:03

I tested with Trimble's PPP service. Check the coordinate system used. For me it is not good at all. And I just noticed that in the reports you shared, it's never the same.

For a two hour survey, Trimble gives me excellent results like yours. But the fact is that the actual point is far from the tolerance. This is because of the coordinate system. It will be necessary to be able to choose ITRF20.
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules