Android tablet is no longer compatible with Mavic 2 RC
2292 3 2019-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c10877e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1184324 ft
Germany

I have a tablet running Android  version 6.something. It is running the latest DJI GO 4 and it works perfecly normal and butter smooth with my Mavic Pro / Mavic Pro remote.However, when I try to connect it with the Mavic 2 remote controller, it doesn't establish any viable connection – DJI GO 4 is not launching, and the tablet loops between charging/not charging states, shortly popping up a short dilogue window asking something about what to to with the connected device (not ADB debugging one though).

What has changed in the Mavic 2 RC that made my tablet obsolete?
2019-5-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for your query to us. As of the moment, the Mavic 2 series didn't support android tablet. You may refer to the image below for the compatible mobile device for the Mavic 2 series. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

2019-5-1
Use props
fans3c10877e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1184324 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-1 12:40
Hi there. Thank you for your query to us. As of the moment, the Mavic 2 series didn't support android tablet. You may refer to the image below for the compatible mobile device for the Mavic 2 series. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you. Have a safe and happy flying always!

well, it seems that DJI pulled that "we might change the hardware specs without notifying the customer" trick. My remote had hardware version "RC1B". And guess what – after I purchased the "RC1A" version on ebay, my tablet came back to life.
2019-5-9
Use props
DougcJohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1353609 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3c10877e Posted at 5-9 14:31
well, it seems that DJI pulled that "we might change the hardware specs without notifying the customer" trick. My remote had hardware version "RC1B". And guess what – after I purchased the "RC1A" version on ebay, my tablet came back to life.

So is the RC1A and RC1B the same physically , or is the RC1B  the new Screen in tablet unit?

I have the RC1A, but for reference was curious of the RC1B.
Has new Firmware addressed problem?

I searched around, couldn't find much material. What was changed between the two units.
2019-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules