1351 34 2019-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am thinking about buying the advanced charging hub + the Phantom battery charger.
The specs state that charging is (much) faster with this combo as with the original charger.
I read somewhere that fast charging is not so good for lipo's.
Can anybody comment on that?

Thanks in advance!
2019-5-2
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Some info and links here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... -Lipo-fast-charging
2019-5-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS013 Posted at 5-2 13:14
Some info and links here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2178283-Lipo-fast-charging

Thanks for that!
2019-5-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Montfrooij. Thank you for your query to us. We highly recommend using a compatibility charger to charge your device for us not having any issue. Also, Hope that you could get the best suggestions and recommendations to our valued DJI co-pilots here in the Forum. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 13:33
Hi, good day Montfrooij. Thank you for your query to us. We highly recommend using a compatibility charger to charge your device for us not having any issue. Also, Hope that you could get the best suggestions and recommendations to our valued DJI co-pilots here in the Forum. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Gamora.
Yes, I am looking for the advanced charging hub with phantom charger (for the fastest charging times)
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 5-3 00:43
Hi Gamora.
Yes, I am looking for the advanced charging hub with phantom charger (for the fastest charging times)

Hi, thank you for the additional information. You may visit our store website for you to check if there is an available advanced charging hub with the phantom charger on it at https://store.dji.com/. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-3 11:31
Hi, thank you for the additional information. You may visit our store website for you to check if there is an available advanced charging hub with the phantom charger on it at https://store.dji.com/. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Yes, there is. But I was hoping for some advice from somebody who actually uses it
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Montfrooij Posted at 5-3 12:08
Yes, there is. But I was hoping for some advice from somebody who actually uses it

Hi, Montfrooij! Hope you could get the best suggestions from our DJI members that already have the experience of using it. Thank you for your kind and for the continued support!
2019-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-3 12:32
Hi, Montfrooij! Hope you could get the best suggestions from our DJI members that already have the experience of using it. Thank you for your kind and for the continued support!

Yeah, indeed
2019-5-3
Use props
fanse0e5c90a
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, i am considering buying the Mavic Pro Advanced Charging Hub and a P4 Charger in order to make use of the full potential of the advanced charging hub and have a question regarding which P4 Charger to buy.

There are two different P4 chargers: One version with 100w, the other slightly pricier version has 160W

Has anyone here used both the 100W and the 160W on the Mavic Pro Advanced Charging Hub and noticed any differences in charging speed/capabilities/behaviour?
Is there any benefit in using the P4 160W Charger over the 100W Charger on the Mavic Pro Advanced Charging Hub or is the Advanced Charging Hub already being maxed out using the 100W version?

Any information/experience input would be appreciated, thanks.

2019-6-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fanse0e5c90a Posted at 6-19 15:17
Hi, i am considering buying the Mavic Pro Advanced Charging Hub and a P4 Charger in order to make use of the full potential of the advanced charging hub and have a question regarding which P4 Charger to buy.

There are two different P4 chargers: One version with 100w, the other slightly pricier version has 160W

From what I have heard, the 100w is the one you want.
But that is just what I've heard.
2019-6-19
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is totally fine to use Monty. Get the P4 100w charger with the advanced hub and the batteries will be semi simultaneously charged. You can charge 4 MP batteries from 15% to 100% in 2.5 hours. As both the charger and the hub are official DJI products tested by DJI to be compatible there will be no issue in using it. That said, I wouldn't fast charge using that set up all the time though having owned both devices and used them with my Mavic Pro I never experienced any issues.
2019-6-20
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-19 22:13
From what I have heard, the 100w is the one you want.
But that is just what I've heard.

And note that the P4 charger is not compatible with the standard hub - just the advanced.
2019-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AJC-W Posted at 6-20 00:26
It is totally fine to use Monty. Get the P4 100w charger with the advanced hub and the batteries will be semi simultaneously charged. You can charge 4 MP batteries from 15% to 100% in 2.5 hours. As both the charger and the hub are official DJI products tested by DJI to be compatible there will be no issue in using it. That said, I wouldn't fast charge using that set up all the time though having owned both devices and used them with my Mavic Pro I never experienced any issues.

Thanks for the 'real user' feedback!
2019-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AJC-W Posted at 6-20 00:27
And note that the P4 charger is not compatible with the standard hub - just the advanced.

Good to know too!
2019-6-20
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 6-20 21:41
Thanks for the 'real user' feedback!

You're welcome
2019-6-20
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-6-20
Use props
fanse0e5c90a
lvl.1
Germany

I appreciated the replies, but have you read my question? Your replies unfortunately don't  answer my question at all.

I know i can use the P4 100W charger with the Mavic Advanced Hub (and only that)- It says all that in the product descriptions and it also shows the charging times for the P4 100W charger on the Hub vs. the standard Mavic charger.

My question was: I would like to know if there is any difference/benefit in using the P4 160W charger on the Mavic Advanced Charging Hub instead of the regular P4 100W or if the resulting charging behaviour/times will be the same?
2019-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fanse0e5c90a Posted at 6-22 12:12
I appreciated the replies, but have you read my question? Your replies unfortunately don't  answer my question at all.

I know i can use the P4 100W charger with the Mavic Advanced Hub (and only that)- It says all that in the product descriptions and it also shows the charging times for the P4 100W charger on the Hub vs. the standard Mavic charger.

Yes, I read it.

And I told what I have heard : the 100W is the one you want.
So I gave you all the knowledge I have about your question.
If you need more, I hope somebody else with more knowledge jumps in
2019-6-24
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the Mavic Advanced Charging Hub work with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom ???

Thanks in advance.
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 6-24 05:08
Does the Mavic Advanced Charging Hub work with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom ???

Thanks in advance.

I doubt that.
It is not listed as compatible.
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-24 05:44
The Advanced Charging Hub with the P4 charger will work fine with your Mavic Pro batteries.  The 160 watt charger should be faster than the standard 100 watt P4 charger.  Both should work fine.  Just allow your batteries to cool down before charging.  I've been using a fast charger & my Mavic Pro batteries are all performing fine going on 3 years.

Thanks for the answer!
Just what I was hoping for
(somebody with experience to jump in)
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-24 05:45
It's compatible with the Mavic Pro NOT the Mavic 2.

And thanks again
2019-6-24
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies
2019-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gelert Posted at 6-24 08:41
Thanks for the replies

Yeah, very helpful!
2019-6-26
Use props
fanse0e5c90a
lvl.1
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 6-24 05:56
Thanks for the answer!
Just what I was hoping for
(somebody with experience to jump in)

can u actually read and understand what people write? his post was as useless as all the other replies so far. all he does is say "should be faster". how is that "experience" as u call it? he is just guessing. he is not stating any real life experience and comparison between 100w and 160w charger.

guys, do you really not get it? i am not asking what you think and what you think "should be faster". i am asking for someone with real life experience with the 100w and 160w charger.
how is the answer "should be faster..." useful information? is that hard to understand? its just guessing. i can guess myself. i know myself that 160w is more than 100w and in theory "should be" faster. but the question is if the charging hub makes use of the extra 60w or not. i dont want to know what you think. i want to know for a fact if it makes a difference. for that to know someone would have had to use both in the same scenario and compare charging times or have technical inside knowledge on the advanced charging hub's design and the charge currents possible.

2019-7-12
Use props
fanse0e5c90a
lvl.1
Germany

so for the 3. time ill ask the same simple question and ask everyone who does not have any useful information aka facts to provide to refrain from posting your guesses.

if using with the mavic pro advanced charging hub, does the 160w p4 charger provide any advantage in terms of charging times over the 100w p4 charger time. PLEASE answer if you have used both and can make a comparison based on real life experience and facts.

2019-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fanse0e5c90a Posted at 7-12 10:32
can u actually read and understand what people write? his post was as useless as all the other replies so far. all he does is say "should be faster". how is that "experience" as u call it? he is just guessing. he is not stating any real life experience and comparison between 100w and 160w charger.

guys, do you really not get it? i am not asking what you think and what you think "should be faster". i am asking for someone with real life experience with the 100w and 160w charger.

Ok.
It was not completely useless.
Everytime somebody replies, the post is on top of the forum again.
Which makes the chance bigger that somebody who does have both chargers will reply.
Not that I think there will be many that have both.
2019-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fanse0e5c90a Posted at 7-12 10:36
so for the 3. time ill ask the same simple question and ask everyone who does not have any useful information aka facts to provide to refrain from posting your guesses.

if using with the mavic pro advanced charging hub, does the 160w p4 charger provide any advantage in terms of charging times over the 100w p4 charger time. PLEASE answer if you have used both and can make a comparison based on real life experience and facts.

You can always start a new thread .
With the more specific question in the title.
That way it might get the attention of a user who has tried both.

(not sure if you have enough points to do so, but if you reply to some posts, you should be good soon enough)
2019-7-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is that for use on the Mavic or Osmo of your products?
2019-7-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

David Martin Graff Posted at 7-12 17:44
Is that for use on the Mavic or Osmo of your products?

The mavic advanced charger.
2019-7-14
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 7-14 01:28
The mavic advanced charger.

Cool...good to know.
2019-7-14