Not possible to update firmware on the Mavic 2 Pro/ no RC connection
1236 6 2019-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bgarbin
lvl.1
Germany

Hi guys,

So yesterday I was flying my brand new (bought yesterday) drone without any problem. Today I decided to update the firmware on the RC, after that the RC was not able to connect to the drone anymore, I even tried the Binding instructions but the Paring switch light was not even on (From what I have read, the led is supposed to be on when the drone is on, but that didn't happen). Then I tried to upgrade the firmware on the drone but it always fails during the update (Drone restarts at 64%, and when it comes back, the process fails). I have restarted the drone serveral times but the issue continues.

Can someone help me?

Cheers.
2019-5-3
Use props
Gildo!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736686 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just asking:

1. Do you have got: DJI Assistant 2.0.8 ?
2. And the original Dji cable for the update ?
2019-5-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Try updating using your pc and dji assistent 2.0.8, drone connected with USB connection. Check the version (down right corner) of the dji assitent.  See that you downloaded the one for the Mavic 2.
https://www.dji.com/be/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-5-3
Use props
bgarbin
lvl.1
Germany

Gildo! Posted at 5-3 06:34
Just asking:

1. Do you have got: DJI Assistant 2.0.8 ?

I was using the V1.2.5 for windows, I will update and see if it works. Yes, original one.
2019-5-3
Use props
bgarbin
lvl.1
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 5-3 07:34
Try updating using your pc and dji assistent 2.0.8, drone connected with USB connection. Check the version (down right corner) of the dji assitent.  See that you downloaded the one for the Mavic 2.
https://www.dji.com/be/mavic-2/info#downloads

I will do that. The RC and the drone are not connecting because of the different firmware versions?
2019-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For the Mavic 2 Series. If the aircraft and the remote controller cannot be linked, it may be caused by the inconsistency between the firmware versions of the aircraft and the remote controller. It is recommended to use DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the aircraft and the remote controller to the latest version separately. You may refer to the link below for you to download the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2. In addition, We highly recommend to update the Aircraft first before the RC, for us to make sure that we can possibly isolate the problem, you may try first to downgrade the firmware of your RC using the DJI assistant 2 and after that update the firmware of the Aircraft then the RC again to its latest firmware. Please keep us posted on the latest update for us to further help you with this concern. Have a safe and happy flying always!

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-5-3
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

bgarbin Posted at 5-3 08:14
I will do that. The RC and the drone are not connecting because of the different firmware versions?

Indeed. Controller and drone need to have consistent firmware versions. If you update using the controller, see that the drone is linked at that moment. But no problem if only one is updated. The assistent 2 can be used to update them apart from each other.
I always like to update controllers and drone apart from each other. So far, I didn't had any problems.
Just see that you get the right version for your type of drone. Look on the dji website, as in my former link. The assistent 2 is a different version for the Mavic Pro (version 1) and Mavic 2.
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules