DJI Spark Crash Mototor Debris
871 4 2019-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I crashed my drone, there is no visible damage as far as I can see and the DJI Go 4 app shows up good. The only thing that scares me from taking off is one of the motors when spun does not spin smoothly and catches sometimes. I do not have access to canned air, what other things could I use to get the debris out of the motor? My ideas are a ball pump and my own breath. What are yours?
2019-5-3
Use props
fans3f85ddbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft

Brazil

You mean, take debris out of the rotors? you coul use tweezers, I used on mine awhile ago, also, toothpick, a needle, etc. Consider using the blade guards, hope it help
2019-5-3
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

fans3f85ddbb Posted at 5-3 22:44
You mean, take debris out of the rotors? you coul use tweezers, I used on mine awhile ago, also, toothpick, a needle, etc. Consider using the blade guards, hope it help

I don't see anything in the motor, I need to use something to dislodge it.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jacob Williams.  I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-4
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-4 08:06
Hello and good day Jacob Williams.  I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.

I will not send my Spark into DJI Repair for such a small issue that can be fixed at home. You would also charge at least more than 100$
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules