Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AleX Spin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3 ft
Italy

Hi everyone,
if it could be of your interest,
below you will find some clips recorded in a high sound pressure environment with crazy lighting.
Especially as far no sound distortion is concerned, I'm really well impressed.
Please note that no changes were applied in post and the files were uploded as recorded.

Constructive advices are very appreciated.

Cheers.

AleX

2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Wow seems like you really had a great time recording the video. Thanks for sharing.
2019-5-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2019-5-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great, nice video
2019-5-5
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Regrettably, MONO is the voice. There is 2019 and it takes mono sound.
I also bought one and I was very surprised!
No mention of 1 channel audio recording anywhere ...
2019-5-5
Use props
AleX Spin
lvl.2
Italy

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-5 11:56
Regrettably, MONO is the voice. There is 2019 and it takes mono sound.
I also bought one and I was very surprised!
No mention of 1 channel audio recording anywhere ...

I agree with you.
It has been discussed already in many threads in this and other forums.
The only way actually is to go for an external stereo recorder and to add the audio in post.

2019-5-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Nice!
I tried the internal mics today with a loud sound stage and the sound came back cleaner than I could hear it at the venue due to my ears not liking the volume close up. I think the auto gain in the system is very good. OK,it's mono, but a large sound stage from any reasonable distance is difficult to tell stereo anyway.  Personally I didn't think the sound detracted from your videos at all.
I also liked the way your Pocket coped with the lighting, My DSLR has more trouble than that.
Well done.

On a personal note, I can watch a video with less than perfect vision or sound if the content is worth seeing. I enjoyed these regardless of any small shortcomings.

2019-5-5
Use props
AleX Spin
lvl.2
Italy

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 5-5 17:25
Nice!
I tried the internal mics today with a loud sound stage and the sound came back cleaner than I could hear it at the venue due to my ears not liking the volume close up. I think the auto gain in the system is very good. OK,it's mono, but a large sound stage from any reasonable distance is difficult to tell stereo anyway.  Personally I didn't think the sound detracted from your videos at all.
I also liked the way your Pocket coped with the lighting, My DSLR has more trouble than that.

Thanks for your reply.
I had to use the Wide Angle Lens because i was very close to stage.
I believe that using a light pollution filter, results might have been even better.

2019-5-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

AleX Spin Posted at 5-6 09:29
Thanks for your reply.
I had to use the Wide Angle Lens because i was very close to stage.
I believe that using a light pollution filter, results might have been even better.

I think you have to be careful of stacking filters on the Osmo Pocket. Others here have said the additional weight  strains the gimbals motors. But as I said, content means more to me than a few quality issues.
A video can be technically brilliant but if the content is boring I will switch it off. Not so the other way around.  I liked your videos. I also know how hard those shooting conditions can be and don't expect daylight performance. I think you did well.
2019-5-6
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

AleX Spin Posted at 5-5 12:16
I agree with you.
It has been discussed already in many threads in this and other forums.
The only way actually is to go for an external stereo recorder and to add the audio in post.

I can't go without the fact that being a technically advanced device can't record stereo sound. It was developed and started to be used in the 1960s for a better return of music and space! It is incomprehensible why a small capsule microphone was not built from the right and left. It wouldn't have been a problem if the house was a little bigger.
Or at least record the external microphone signal in stereo!
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules