Compass Calibration is incorrect..
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It always says point the "nose" down but in the picture it's sideways.  Everyone has been doing it sideways since the beginning of drones but which is really the correct way?  I've done it both ways and it still works but I'm wondering if it affects anything.
2019-5-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not in my experience - the important thing is to do it when you actually need to and in the right environment. I always turn it to the side for the second rotation - never had a compass error in flight.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given. Let me provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. I hope these helps. Thank you.

2019-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-4 08:44
Hello and good day AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given. Let me provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. I hope these helps. Thank you.

[view_image]

I know but in the "image" it shows it as laying down sideways!! for both the Spark and the Mavic 2.  Doing it both ways really makes zero difference.
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules