Turned on Ronin- S without camera balanced
7267 4 2019-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nidoge
lvl.1
Australia

Hey,
So I just turned on my ronin S without the camera balanced and it started vibrating harshly, frantically spinning with a weird noise and it looked something like epilepsy combined with a muscle spasm.
It lasted about 3-4 seconds until I found my way to the power button to pause the motors.

Will this have damaged the motor?
How do I troubleshoot it?

Other info:
  • Upon placing my camera on, I noticed it did not balance accurately with the measurements I usually use so I had to make small adjustments to centre the camera
  • When using the joystick to pan left and right, it's a bit jittery/not smooth

2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi nidoge, if you often fail to balance the gimbal and it keeps vibrating violently, it could be damaged. Please make sure to balance the gimbal properly before powering on.
Here is the tutorial video of how to balance the gimbal, we have a scale in each axis, you can remember the scale and it would be much easier to balance next time.

If the Pan axis is not smooth, please increase the Sensitivity value of Pan axis in SmoothTrack to see if it helps.
2019-5-5
Use props
nidoge
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-5 01:44
Hi nidoge, if you often fail to balance the gimbal and it keeps vibrating violently, it could be damaged. Please make sure to balance the gimbal properly before powering on.
Here is the tutorial video of how to balance the gimbal, we have a scale in each axis, you can remember the scale and it would be much easier to balance next time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJpoqiS-uE

Hi Dji Mindy,

Thank you for your response.

Sorry for my bad wording but I was meaning in the sense the camera not attached to the Gimbal at all, turning it on which caused shaking/vibrating aggressively

I managed to turn it off 4-5 seconds after (my reaction time), would there be any potential for damage to the motors?
2019-5-8
Use props
nidoge
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-5 01:44
Hi nidoge, if you often fail to balance the gimbal and it keeps vibrating violently, it could be damaged. Please make sure to balance the gimbal properly before powering on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJpoqiS-uE

Hi Dji Mindy,

Sorry for my bad wording but I was meaning in the sense the camera not attached to the Gimbal at all, turning it on which caused shaking/vibrating aggressively

I managed to turn it off 4-5 seconds after (my reaction time), would there be any potential for damage to the motors?
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nidoge Posted at 5-8 05:24
Hi Dji Mindy,

It should be fine as long as the gimbal did not collide with something, but we do not recommend to power on again without the camera.
2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules