Lost signal and drone keeps flying away
1025 4 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7c1a398a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186473 ft
United States

Yesterday I was out at Lake Logan near Canton NC in hope so photographing some of the lake. There was this beautiful eagle perched on a log in the middle of the water. I took the drone off and flew up about 60 feet so I would scare the eagle. I went about 500 -700 feet from me and warnings of high wind, (there was no wind) then lost signal. I pushed return to home on the controller but it never returned. It just kept flying in the same direction. Seems odd and I have never experienced that after 158 flights.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong?
2019-5-5
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the remote controller signal is lost, you cannot initiate RTH using the RTH button on the remote controller.

You might find useful information in the TXT flight log. You can upload and view it online here. If you lost your Mavic, you can also use that log to help track it down. If you'd like other people to review your flight log, post a link back here after you upload it.
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I'm really sorry to hear what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-5
Use props
Tharg (from the Planet 'Thring&#
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

My thoughts.....

You shouldn't be flying to scare the eagle/wildlife.
2019-5-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Tharg (from the Planet 'Thring&# Posted at 5-8 04:48
My thoughts.....

You shouldn't be flying to scare the eagle/wildlife.

although the word NOT is missing from the original post it does appear from the context that the pilot did NOT want to scare the bird hence they flew away from the bird.
on planet earth we sometimes make gramatical errors - forgive us
2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules