Degraded, slow performance with videos
683 8 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James T.
New

Belgium

Hi All,
I am using MS-DOS (FAT32) formatted 4GB microSDHC Class 4 with the brand "Good Ram". When I take videos with my Osmo Pocket and watch them with the USB cable connected between my Mac and Osmo Pocket, I experience a degraded, slow performance (a lot of lags) while watching them. If I take the microSDHC card out, connect with a USB reader to my Mac, the quality is very good. I don't want to take the card each timeout to watch the videos.
Can I resolve this issue if I purchase a better quality card? I need to buy one with a better capacity anyway.

I am hesitating between "SanDisk Extreme 128GB U3 A2" and "SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB U3 A2". Does PRO make any difference that worth the difference in price and quality with Osmo Pocket?

Thank you.

2019-5-5
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi, I would say buy the best you can afford, that being said the non pro version will be fine in the osmo, as far as connecting to your computer goes. I find the transfer speeds are pretty poor using the cable, but I would always transfer to your computer and play from there to avoid any limitation with usb speeds.
2019-5-5
Use props
James T.
New

Belgium

Thanks for the reply. Do you transfer the videos to the computer with the USB cable or by taking the microSD card out each time and connecting to the computer?
I would like to know if there is any practical way. I take several short movies everyday and like to watch them on the same day.
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day James T. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I would suggest using a suggested SD card for your DJI Osmo Pocket for reliability and compatibility purposes on the DJI Osmo Pocket. In addition I will be posting the list of recommended SD Cards for the DJI Osmo Pocket for reference. Thank you.

2019-5-5
Use props
James T.
New

Belgium

Thanks for the reply Stephen, I see that A1 is listed but A2 is not. A2 is known to have better speed than A1. Are these (what you listed) minimum recommended models?
2019-5-5
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I personally take the SD card out at it transfers at around 100mb/s in my card reader, using the cable and card in osmo the speed is around 22mb/s.
2019-5-5
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

a question, using a Mac - how do you see the Osmo Pocket when it is connected via cable ?

On mine, it doesn't see the OP - it just charges the device. ( but no removable device is recognised )
2019-5-6
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Remove the mobile connector and try again
2019-5-6
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 5-6 08:42
Remove the mobile connector and try again

DJI-osmo_user-1 thanks for the suggestion.

Infact it was because I was trying to connect by the cable pass through on the wireless module, but that doesn't work. Without wireless module it then appears on the computer, so all good now.

2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules