4415 53 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was out flying today and I got a message on screen saying battery error and I turned for home it came on and off 3 times then dropped for the sky by luck I was not over people but my drone is dead anyone heard of this before?

2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Wizzokartworld. I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Since this incident happened I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-5
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

my warranty is expired but the battery still test's as 3 bars and when you hold the power  button in it is showing 4 bars (100%) good battery but is there a danger of other drones falling out the sky? lucky no one under the drone it could of killed them
2019-5-5
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-5 10:39
my warranty is expired but the battery still test's as 3 bars and when you hold the power  button in it is showing 4 bars (100%) good battery but is there a danger of other drones falling out the sky? lucky no one under the drone it could of killed them

I have had the battery error warning a few times on my P4 standard. I was able to get back home and land before it fell out of the sky though.
2019-5-5
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it looks like this is commen fault with dji phantom 4 and 4 pro this is my drone and battery and i found out this is not the first time a phantom fell from the sky?

2019-5-5
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-5 11:46
[view_image] [view_image] it looks like this is comen fault with dji phantom 4 and 4 pro

Yes, this is a known issue and DJI is very quiet about it.
So sad for you. Good no one was hurt.
I look for this every time I fly.
Search posts to see if there is any resolution.
Good Luck.
2019-5-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Not the first this has happened for sure.  I have had the error come up too.  
2019-5-5
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks 1 Eagle i am going to upload all my data pictures and videos and see what is done this is a danger to all at time of crash it was 34 miters up and around 65KPH this could kill this is the first time i have ever crashed a drone
we save so hard to buy them and fly so safe not to hurt anyone and this happens so upset
2019-5-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Send the pics and log to DJI,  even if it's out of warranty.
2019-5-5
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

how do i get the logs off the drone? never done it before and the camera is just holding on with the flex cable
2019-5-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Sync your logs from the device.
2019-5-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arcing is what would cause this, loose connection is what would cause the arcing, ill fitting battery is what would cause the loose connection, i.e not clipped in 100%, just my opinion, Has this happened to anyone with a P4P 2.0 since the battery fitment alert?
2019-5-5
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

I don't think it is arcing.

It is information asymmetry, the only one that knows what's really going on is DJI.  I hope regulators don't allow this to happen in future prosumer and professional drones. There are a couple of things that DJI does not understand and that are well engraved in the aviation industry, one is safety through transparency and the other one is manufacturers actively protecting their client's investment, even in resales.
2019-5-5
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi what fitment alert has there been and I know 100% the battery was fitted properly I've been flying drones for sometime now and I've never had a battery come loose I invest a lot of money into my drones with the hope they would not fall out the sky I am so unsure about flying at the moment
2019-5-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

I always think about it too.  Maybe a good thing because it keeps me from flying over places  where I would not want anything bad to happen.
2019-5-6
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i do most my flying on the beach and not too close to people has you can see from the video i am no close i have a big worries about flying at the moment i know to battery was in propeller and i had done all i could to stop it crashing OK i could have landed it in the field but i am disabled so it would have been so hard to get it and i did think it would be safe to come home how wrong i was
2019-5-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-6 07:31
i do most my flying on the beach and not too close to people has you can see from the video i am no close i have a big worries about flying at the moment i know to battery was in propeller and i had done all i could to stop it crashing OK i could have landed it in the field but i am disabled so it would have been so hard to get it and i did think it would be safe to come home how wrong i was

Wizoo, you did nothing wrong. However, equipment failures happen and there's nothing you (or DJI) can do to avoid them. Such failures are extremely rare, not a common issue. No reason for suspicions about manufacturer conspiracy to hide or ignore seldom cases, no reason to predict mass self-destruction of Phantom UAV's. I hope DJI will find reasonable solution for your loss, fly your new machine with no hesitation and enjoy it ...
2019-5-6
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-6 07:31
i do most my flying on the beach and not too close to people has you can see from the video i am no close i have a big worries about flying at the moment i know to battery was in propeller and i had done all i could to stop it crashing OK i could have landed it in the field but i am disabled so it would have been so hard to get it and i did think it would be safe to come home how wrong i was

Very similar recent issue, this user got a new drone : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2019-5-6
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-6 11:04
Wizoo, you did nothing wrong. However, equipment failures happen and there's nothing you (or DJI) can do to avoid them. Such failures are extremely rare, not a common issue. No reason for suspicions about manufacturer conspiracy to hide or ignore seldom cases, no reason to predict mass self-destruction of Phantom UAV's. I hope DJI will find reasonable solution for your loss, fly your new machine with no hesitation and enjoy it  ...

Well, this is why his forum sucks, it is full of naive people with zero culture about aviation safety. By aviation industry standards the non-disclosure tactics about the ISSUE with the P4P batteries is unnaceptable and this harms everybody trying to do serious business with drones, because them falling like rocks with not a known reason is generally frowned upon by people in the federal admin. BTW, also by industry standards a drone doing commercial stuff falling like a rock is an accident and must be reported, if you are using them in a registered commercial operation, at least in this part of the world. Maybe we should wait for FAA or EASA to finally provide failure models and rates of DJI models in commercial operation. You say they are extremely rare, can you provide a failure rate to assert your comments? The fact is, only DJI knows for sure so I think your comments are useless and mostly garbish.
2019-5-7
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-5 11:46
[view_image] [view_image] it looks like this is commen fault with dji phantom 4 and 4 pro this is my drone and battery and i found out this is not the first time a phantom fell from the sky?

Wow seems like you had a bad connection and it overheat.
2019-5-7
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4P+_Brazil Posted at 5-6 11:31
Very similar recent issue, this user got a new drone : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=186092&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D386%26typeid%3D386

i will phone DJI but it is out of warranty so i think it will be do 1
2019-5-7
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-7 08:53
i will phone DJI but it is out of warranty so i think it will be do 1

Just like the other user, and he got the new drone - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 092&pid=1821232 .
2019-5-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Alvaro L Posted at 5-7 00:07
Well, this is why his forum sucks, it is full of naive people with zero culture about aviation safety. By aviation industry standards the non-disclosure tactics about the ISSUE with the P4P batteries is unnaceptable and this harms everybody trying to do serious business with drones, because them falling like rocks with not a known reason is generally frowned upon by people in the federal admin. BTW, also by industry standards a drone doing commercial stuff falling like a rock is an accident and must be reported, if you are using them in a registered commercial operation, at least in this part of the world. Maybe we should wait for FAA or EASA to finally provide failure models and rates of DJI models in commercial operation. You say they are extremely rare, can you provide a failure rate to assert your comments? The fact is, only DJI knows for sure so I think your comments are useless and mostly garbish.

No, seriously, are you considering a flying selfie camera as an apparatus comparable to a Cessna plane? Are you considering "have a Phantom 4 pro, will travel" advertisement as a serious business plan? Two guys with rusty Toyota and lawnmowers looks more serious as a landscaping business ... And lawnmowers don't fall off the sky ...
2019-5-7
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How do I download the flight data and view it I would like to upload it on here for advice l will still contact DJI but to everyone that has seen this I must explain some points
I didn't stop and land with the first message because it said signal error but nothing about landing ( like it does if the wind is too high)
I started to make my way home after it came up again but still didn't panic have battery power was still good and not thinking It could drop from the sky
I was dropping height and after clearing the sheep and fence I was going to get lower again not thinking it would crash if I did land in the field I would have had no way of getting it back has I am disabled and couldn't get near it ( I do need to thank the farmer who seen it go down for recovering it for me ) last of all thank you all for your help and support let's hope to get sorted
2019-5-7
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-7 09:20
No, seriously, are you considering a flying selfie camera as an apparatus comparable to a Cessna plane? Are you considering "have a Phantom 4 pro, will travel" advertisement as a serious business plan? Two guys with rusty Toyota and lawnmowers looks more serious as a landscaping business ... And lawnmowers don't fall off the sky ...

Tell that to regulators, they are the ones telling me that if I want to earn money with my drone then it becomes an light aircraft more or less; I must be a certified RPAS pilot and I must report accidents and malfuctions to them. Yes, I use an Phantom 4 Pro. Maybe DJI should put a banner somewhere saying ''hey in fact PRO is only a toy with no real commercial application, we will treat you as such''
2019-5-7
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

well hopefully some good news my drone is under warranty and i will be sending it back just waiting for the paper work from DJI i am using airdata.com to get my flight data first
i will keep you all informed this is what i found think someone will know what it is there was lots of it but this is from the first error message
7m 45.8s              P-GPS 18satellites 514.1ft N/A   20.8mph              3,961.0ft              67%      15.402V                 3.848V                3.861V  3.849V  3.844V  0.017V  Battery Error

7m 52.7s              P-GPS   17satellites         512.8ft  N/A        0mph    3,887.0ft              67%        15.376V                3.842V                3.855V  3.842V  3.837V  0.018V  Battery Error

8m 1.7s P-GPS   18satellites         513.5ft  N/A        29.7mph              3,629.3ft              66%        15.286V                3.819V                3.835V  3.821V  3.811V  0.024V  Battery Error

8m 47s  Sport     15satellites         105.6ft  N/A        41.4mph              1,092.8ft              63%        14.895V                3.72V                3.739V  3.725V  3.711V  0.028V   at this point I lost contact drone was down

2019-5-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Alvaro L Posted at 5-7 23:55
Tell that to regulators, they are the ones telling me that if I want to earn money with my drone then it becomes an light aircraft more or less; I must be a certified RPAS pilot and I must report accidents and malfuctions to them. Yes, I use an Phantom 4 Pro. Maybe DJI should put a banner somewhere saying ''hey in fact PRO is only a toy with no real commercial application, we will treat you as such''

You finally get it! Indeed, as a commercial pilot you're responsible for all decisions and actions involved, i.e. flying above crowd. Which - by the rule - is not allowed for recreational pilots like OP. In both cases the risk of occasional equipment failure is identical, P4P or Boeing 727, doesn't matter. Neither P4Ps or Boeings are falling off the sky notoriously, only some does. No reason for crying when Murphy's Law is in charge ...
2019-5-8
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i am not a commercial pilot i do it for the hobby
2019-5-8
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-8 11:31
You finally get it! Indeed, as a commercial pilot you're responsible for all decisions and actions involved, i.e. flying above crowd. Which - by the rule - is not allowed for recreational pilots like OP. In both cases the risk of occasional equipment failure is identical, P4P or Boeing 727, doesn't matter. Neither P4Ps or Boeings are falling off the sky notoriously, only some does. No reason for crying when Murphy's Law is in charge ...

You are the one that does not get it. Comparing safety of a certified aircraft with that of an uncertified RPAS is silly. I am not criticising that a battery failure makes a RPAS to fall like a stone or blaming DJI about it, please re read my comments. Also I have challenged you to produce some sort of data that supports your opinions. I believe that P4P battery problems are quite widespread and it is behind DJI stock issues and discontinuation of P4P, but unlike you I don't have data to support my claim so it is only guessing. Only DJI knows, which is called information asymmetry in my book. We (you, me and the FAA) don't know why they fail, how many or which ones are failing and what is DJI doing to fix it. And that's the real frigging issue here.
2019-5-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Alvaro L Posted at 5-9 23:41
You are the one that does not get it. Comparing safety of a certified aircraft with that of an uncertified RPAS is silly. I am not criticising that a battery failure makes a RPAS to fall like a stone or blaming DJI about it, please re read my comments. Also I have challenged you to produce some sort of data that supports your opinions. I believe that P4P battery problems are quite widespread and it is behind DJI stock issues and discontinuation of P4P, but unlike you I don't have data to support my claim. Only DJI knows, which is called information asymmetry in my book. We (you, me and the FAA) don't know why they fail, how many or which ones are failing and what is DJI doing to fix it. And that's the real frigging issue here.

That's correct, we don't know statistics.  Only DJI may know how many P4P's were sold globally and how many victimized pilots reported battery mid-flight failure. Naturally such data is tightly guarded. However,  my opinion is based on 5 years long experience, dealing with DJI quads of all kinds, supporting all related discussion forums and talking with many gurus in this business. Your opinion is based on believes and speculations, "and that's the real frigging issue here". Let's get over it because - apparently - my opinion will not change yours, and vice versa.   
2019-5-10
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All I want is my drone sorted and hope it does not do it ever again at one point i though I was going to kill the sheep I have the log file but not sure how to put it on here i tried to copy and paste the last lines of the log but i have no clue what it all means?

I was hoping to get some help from DJI on here my drone has gone to the DJI Netherlands location and i have had no luck from there in the past
2019-5-11
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HERE IS THE FOOTAGE FROM  THE PHANTOM
2019-5-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-11 11:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A50HgeWkiyY  HERE IS THE FOOTAGE FROM  THE PHANTOM

Wow, sorry about your phantom. DJI should replace it. I’ve never seen this problem before and all of your cells looked very close which is good. Maybe it was a defective battery ? Hopefully some one will notice your post who is more knowledgeable. I saw that you did post flight information but do you know how to post the complete flight record ? It would be more helpful.
2019-5-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A50HgeWkiyY  HERE IS THE FOOTAGE FROM  THE PHANTOM

Wow, sorry about your phantom. DJI should replace it. I’ve never seen this problem before and all of your cells looked very close which is good. Maybe it was a defective battery ? Hopefully some one will notice your post who is more knowledgeable. I saw that you did post flight information but do you know how to post the complete flight record ? It would be more helpful.
2019-5-11
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't know how to post the complete flight record but i have it if someone tells me what to do
2019-5-12
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Sayhelloforme Posted at 5-11 20:57
Wow, sorry about your phantom. DJI should replace it. I’ve never seen this problem before and all of your cells looked very close which is good. Maybe it was a defective battery ? Hopefully some one will notice your post who is more knowledgeable. I saw that you did post flight information but do you know how to post the complete flight record ? It would be more helpful.

This problem has been reported quite frequently in the forums.
2019-5-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-12 01:51
I don't know how to post the complete flight record but i have it if someone tells me what to do

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-5-13
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks I will have a look
2019-5-14
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Just a thought.. in Sport Mode, flying at maximum speed puts more stress on the battery and electrical connections.
It would be interesting to log the failures of these batteries and their owners' flying style. I have a hunch there would emerge a correlation between demanding flight behavior and contacts melting. For instance, sustained flight at maximum throttle in ATTI or Sport modes.
I've had my P4P 2.0 for exactly a year as of next week and I've just inspected the batteries' contacts. They look like new, never used batteries. I rarely push my bird hard. I mostly tool around in P mode. When raising altitude, I do it in steps, allowing cool down of components before increasing another 100 feet. I limit Sport mode full throttle operation to 5-8 seconds at the longest and then slow down.
I wonder how many folks with overheated battery terminals have flown full throttle for over a minute at a time?
And in this particular situation, it may have been possible to fly all the way home by not mashing the throttle in Sport mode. Taking it back at a slow cruising speed might buy enough time to get the aircraft home and landed under its own power.
My opinion is that if you get a battery error, the worst thing to do is try to fly fast. Instead, take it easy, so as not to stress a failing connection or battery cell.
2019-5-14
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would now agree with you but at the time I was not sure there was a major malfunction all I was sure about I was getting intermittent battery signal error if you look my footage there's nothing like when is I wind land as soon as possible it just said battery signal error although I turned for home my battery voltage were remaining steady I put the Kraft in2 Sport to get it home quicker I did see the messages and was flying home when the failure happened

I flew about 2 kilometres in sport mode I then did a five minutes flight in gps and set off home in sport after getting home I fitted a freshly charged battery I did  I chan

2019-5-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules