Android phone Nexus 6P
881 8 2019-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike G G
lvl.2
Australia

The Nexus 6P is NOT in the list of phones compatible with the DJI Ronin app but seems to work fine EXCEPT that I can't set the Sensor Type, Focal Length etc in Create/Panorama. Touching the text does nothing (actually I should write nearly always does nothing, a couple of time the senson type choice box has come up, and the focal length box once, the others never). I can adjust Pan and Tilt values and I can take a panorama -but in a very limited and unsatisfactory sort of way.

Anyone using the Nexus 6P who does NOT have this limitation?

Andoid version 8.1.0
App V1.1.8
Ronin-S 1.8.0.70
GH5 V2.4

One more thing, under Camera Control the speed and aperture shown are those of the Manual mode even when the camera mode is set to P, A or S. Is this how it should be?

2019-5-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mike, sorry for the troubles on operating the Panorama, do you have other mobile phones to test? If the issue persists, please share us a screenshot of the Panorama page so that we can escalate.
The camera settings can be adjusted in the APP when the camera mode is P / A / S / M / iA.
2019-5-10
Use props
Mike G G
lvl.2
Australia

I don't have any other phones but I may have access to some in a week or so.
In the meantime I've made a short video showing that nothing happens when I touch the Sensor Type, Focal Length, Overlay and Delay buttons.
Nexus 6P App V1 1 8 Rirmware 1 8 0 70
2019-5-10
Use props
Mike G G
lvl.2
Australia

In the meantime I've made a short video showing that nothing happens when I touch the Sensor Type, Focal Length, Overlay and Delay buttons.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike G G Posted at 5-10 20:15
https://youtu.be/bO4Q-aDvuUc

Thanks for the video, please reply to one of my posts next time so I can receive the notification and reply timely.
It is very likely to be related to the mobile phone, please test with other phones when it is convenient, your issue will also be escalated to our engineers for attention.
2019-5-13
Use props
Mike G G
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-13 02:02
Thanks for the video, please reply to one of my posts next time so I can receive the notification and reply timely.
It is very likely to be related to the mobile phone, please test with other phones when it is convenient, your issue will also be escalated to our engineers for attention.

I've had the opportunity to try two other phones and can report that both the Apple 8plus and the Samsung S8 DO work correctly in create/panorama.
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike G G Posted at 5-19 15:57
I've had the opportunity to try two other phones and can report that both the Apple 8plus and the Samsung S8 DO work correctly in create/panorama.

It should be the APP compatibility issue, please use the mobile phone in our compatible list for better performance, thank you.
2019-5-21
Use props
Mike G G
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-21 00:02
It should be the APP compatibility issue, please use the mobile phone in our compatible list for better performance, thank you.

Not quite that response I was hoping for which would be something like:

"Sorry about that. Your installed version of Android (8.1.0)  is suitable (min Android  5.0)  so we'll fix our app so that it works on your phone."

2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike G G Posted at 5-22 04:35
Not quite that response I was hoping for which would be something like:

"Sorry about that. Your installed version of Android (8.1.0)  is suitable (min Android  5.0)  so we'll fix our app so that it works on your phone."

We are sorry about that, we will keep testing more mobile devices and updating our compatible list, please note the future update, thank you.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules