New Phantom 4 RTK Firmware Released(2019/05/07)
11851 24 2019-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date:        2019.05.07
  • Aircraft Firmware:        v02.01.0009
  • Remote Controller Firmware:        v02.01.0009
  • DJI GS RTK App:        v2.0.4
  • DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom:        v2.0.7
  • DJI Assistant 2 For MG:        v2.0.13

What’s New?
  • Added the 3D Photogrammetry (Multi-oriented) operation type. After planning the operation area, the generated flight routes will include a single orthographic flight route and four oblique flight routes.
  • Added the Terrain Awareness Mode operation type. To plan a Terrain Awareness operation, create a folder in the DJI\DSM path in the root directory of the microSD card, put tif and tfw files into it, and then import the files to the app. After planning flight route in the area corresponding to the imported files, the aircraft will follow the terrain when flying along the route.
  • Added notifications for abnormal Intelligent Flight Battery level. If abnormal battery level is detected, there will be a prompt in the app and RTH will be triggered.
  • Optimized the flight route planning for Linear Flight operations. Enable or disable “Flight route generated along center line” in the settings to determine whether the generated flight route will include the center line added when planning the operation.
  • Fixed the issue of slow task list loading.
  • Fixed the rare issue: there was camera preview image jitter during RTH.
  • Fixed issue: the remote controller firmware of the MG-1P and Phantom 4 RTK were not compatible with each other.

Notes:
  • This firmware includes Intelligent Flight Battery firmware. If you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them.
  • The remote controller cannot be downgraded after this firmware update.
  • This firmware update may take a long time. Please wait and DO NOT power off the aircraft during updating.
  • Make sure that the firmware for both the aircraft and remote controller is up-to-date. Otherwise they will not work together.
2019-5-7
Use props
hummler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
Germany

"Added the Terrain Awareness Mode operation type. To plan a Terrain Awareness operation, create a folder in the DJI\DSM path in the root directory of the microSD card, put tif and tfw files into it, and then import the files to the app. After planning flight route in the area corresponding to the imported files, the aircraft will follow the terrain when flying along the route."

This doesn't seem to work, the tif and tfw are not recognized. Do they have to be in a specific coordinate system, height system, raster spacing, file size...?
2019-5-8
Use props
dubik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297054 ft
Poland

hummler Posted at 5-8 04:11
"Added the Terrain Awareness Mode operation type. To plan a Terrain Awareness operation, create a folder in the DJI\DSM path in the root directory of the microSD card, put tif and tfw files into it, and then import the files to the app. After planning flight route in the area corresponding to the imported files, the aircraft will follow the terrain when flying along the route."

This doesn't seem to work, the tif and tfw are not recognized. Do they have to be in a specific coordinate system, height system, raster spacing, file size...?

I have got same problem. Controler/transmitter can not impot tif and twf files from DJI\DSM directory. I checkt it with WGS84 cordinate system.
2019-5-8
Use props
djiuser_5TY7rX1lMZpe
lvl.1

Germany

Just got an answer from an DJI official: They are aware and try to fix the problems regarding the import of a DSM for Terrain Awareness Mode and the automatic language change to Chinese.
2019-5-8
Use props
Dragline49
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_5TY7rX1lMZpe Posted at 5-8 05:39
Just got an answer from an DJI official: They are aware and try to fix the problems regarding the import of a DSM for Terrain Awareness Mode and the automatic language change to Chinese.

Any new word on when DSM import will be working?
2019-5-10
Use props
strafly
lvl.1

Germany

Dragline49 Posted at 5-10 10:41
Any new word on when DSM import will be working?

Someone uploaded a document that he got from someone working at DJI.
It worked for me. I was able to import a DEM. Just make sure that the DEM is in geographical coordinates, maybe not bigger than 100mb (did not test it) and create a folder structure like "/DSM/DJI/newtask" where you put in the .tfw and geotiff.

You will find the document here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17bWIHTD8yI3WI22kNsxWEV7mPys-g0Ww/view?fbclid=IwAR24g21kzNGN3CqVNLkEjn6p4uIyCZaqhCwR3BsXuRzQ0HVfi3VD2KNu-Ds
2019-5-13
Use props
JensB
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Hello,
how can I change the language back to English?
What is the advantage of terrain awareness mode?
Thanks
2019-5-15
Use props
strafly
lvl.1

Germany

JensB Posted at 5-15 04:54
Hello,
how can I change the language back to English?
What is the advantage of terrain awareness mode?

Language:
- Top left Corner, click on the three stripes
- click on the wheel (which is for "Settings")
- click on the bottom-most setting ("Android System Settings")
- scroll down to the "World"-symbol and click on it (Language)
- click on the top-most setting Language)
- choose "English"

Terrain awareness mode will let the drone follow the height of terrain according to your flight height.
2019-5-17
Use props
fans6a2d4df1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410801 ft
France

We followed exactly the procedure and yet we fail to import the files, which are well in the SD card DJI / DSM / newtask
Can we help?
2019-5-20
Use props
strafly
lvl.1

Germany

fans6a2d4df1 Posted at 5-20 13:58
We followed exactly the procedure and yet we fail to import the files, which are well in the SD card DJI / DSM / newtask
Can we help?

Hard to tell what causes your problem.
Maybe the size of your DSM or the coordinate system?
Did you make sure that it is below 100mb and in geographical coordiantes.
2019-5-23
Use props
MAHDI VAFI
lvl.1
Iran

HI
I UPDATE MY GS RTK APP AND UPLOAD DEM FILE FOR MY PROJECT TO RC BUT I WANT TO KNOW IT HOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE DEM FILE FOR LINEAR FLIGHT MISSION .
I UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN USE DEM FILE ONLY FOR 2D PHOTOGRAMMETRY  MODE IN GS RTK APP .
THANKS.
2019-5-29
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

"This firmware includes Intelligent Flight Battery firmware. If you have multiple batteries, please run this firmware update on all of them."

Does this mean you should firmware refresh every battery??
2019-5-29
Use props
21harold21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231709 ft
Peru

strafly Posted at 5-13 05:31
Someone uploaded a document that he got from someone working at DJI.
It worked for me. I was able to import a DEM. Just make sure that the DEM is in geographical coordinates, maybe not bigger than 100mb (did not test it) and create a folder structure like "/DSM/DJI/newtask" where you put in the .tfw and geotiff.

GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!!! me Sirvio!!!!
2019-5-30
Use props
strafly
lvl.1

Germany

MAHDI VAFI Posted at 5-29 14:16
HI
I UPDATE MY GS RTK APP AND UPLOAD DEM FILE FOR MY PROJECT TO RC BUT I WANT TO KNOW IT HOW ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE DEM FILE FOR LINEAR FLIGHT MISSION .
I UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN USE DEM FILE ONLY FOR 2D PHOTOGRAMMETRY  MODE IN GS RTK APP .

Linear Mission Planning and Terrain Follow do NOT work together at the moment. You can only choose between them. Suggested the same thing to DJI last week!
2019-6-6
Use props
strafly
lvl.1

Germany

21harold21 Posted at 5-30 21:04
GRACIAS!!!!!!!!!!! me Sirvio!!!!

You might also wanna look at this: https://www.aerotas.com/phantom-4-rtk-terrain-awareness?utm_source=Aerotas+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1d950d88e9-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_04_12_38&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2c3690a825-1d950d88e9-292057329
2019-6-6
Use props
albertdeguzman
New

Philippines

hi DJI, id like to know the security protocols and features of Phantom 4 that avoids hijacking or being hack on mid air.
2019-6-6
Use props
dan.blackmore
New

United Kingdom

MAHDI VAFI Posted at 5-29 14:16
HI
I UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN USE DEM FILE ONLY FOR 2D PHOTOGRAMMETRY  MODE IN GS RTK APP .

How did you screenshot using the RTK controller?
2019-7-31
Use props
cetincelik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56706 ft
Turkey

Hi, I want to upload kml file and make flight in terrain mode. it is very difficult to select the terrain model and mark the flight area manually from the screen. Is it possible to upload kml file after selecting terrain model? or how can I use kml file in terrain mode?
2019-8-1
Use props
cetincelik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56706 ft
Turkey

Hi, I want to upload kml file and make flight in terrain mode. it is very difficult to select the terrain model and mark the flight area manually from the screen. Is it possible to upload kml file after selecting terrain model? or how can I use kml file in terrain mode? Can I enter the corner coordinates of my flight area manually or from a computer in terrain mode?
2019-8-1
Use props
Gio RTK user
New

Italy

Problemone: ho l'RC con aggiornamento 0012 e il Ph4 RTK con aggiornamento 0009, e non c'è verso di portarli alla medesima release. ) né con upgrade, né con downgrade) E così non ho collegamento alla camera. Succede a qualcun'altro....? soluzioni possibili?
2019-8-29
Use props
Gio RTK user
New

Italy

cetincelik Posted at 8-1 01:42
Hi, I want to upload kml file and make flight in terrain mode. it is very difficult to select the terrain model and mark the flight area manually from the screen. Is it possible to upload kml file after selecting terrain model? or how can I use kml file in terrain mode?

I've got a problem: RC is updated on V02 01 0012 but the Ph4RTK in updated on V02 01 0009. O cannot upgrad or downgrade to have on both the same release.
Somebody has the same problem..... Solutions?
Thank you.
Giorgio Italy
2019-8-29
Use props
Gio RTK user
New

Italy

I've got a problem: RC is updated on V02 01 0012 but the Ph4RTK in updated on V02 01 0009. O cannot upgrad or downgrade to have on both the same release. Somebody has the same problem..... Solutions? Thank you. Giorgio Italy
2019-8-29
Use props
mbuonanno
lvl.4

Gio RTK user Posted at 8-29 12:34
I've got a problem: RC is updated on V02 01 0012 but the Ph4RTK in updated on V02 01 0009. O cannot upgrad or downgrade to have on both the same release.
Somebody has the same problem..... Solutions?
Thank you.

Hi,

have you already tried to update the aircraft firmware using the remote controller + DJI GS RTK  instead of a PC and DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom?
Use the Micro-USB cable and USB Type-C OTG adapter to connect  the Phantom 4 RTK and use GS RTK app to download and update firmware for the remote controller and the aircraft.

see also:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D699%26typeid%3D699
Fixed the issue where new firmware could not be downloaded in the DJI GS RTK app. When using an old version of the app, this issue can be fixed by: going to the main screen, tapping Menu, then Settings, Apply to All, Explorer, Internal Memory, and entering the path DJI\firm to delete the old firmware file.

Cheers,
Maurizio
2019-10-9
Use props
djiuser_7kkaReQFYq6W
New

hi,
since last week when I wanted to make a flight, an error message appeared 'ESC error communication'.The drone to fly only 5 times
The 4xESC are error. I did not suffer any crash or damage.
Can this be due to updates?

I have a lot of problem for upgrade firware.
2019-10-10
Use props
sputnik7
lvl.2
  • >>>
Spain

is there any explanation of how the 3D Photogrammetry (Multi-oriented) mode works ? i can find no information online and how it is different from the double grid...

also are there any plans for circular missions ? we use these a lot in combination with the double grid at the moment and is one of the main advantages of pix4d app at the momnent
2019-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules